Canon XC10 used as Webcam for Macbook Pro 2019

pecanpineapple

Hi everyone! 

Love that there's a community of canon enthusiasts that can get feed back and help each other out. 

I'm hoping I could get some advice on how I could set up my Canon XC10 as a webcam. I enjoy streaming and would like to make use of the camera for when I do stream. Currently using a macbook pro 2019 15 inch. I'd appreciate any/all advice! Thanks everyone 

All the best, Joe

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members
1 hour ago, pecanpineapple said:

Love that there's a community of canon enthusiasts that can get feed back and help each other out. 

I wouldn't necessarily take the name of the forum too literally as a universal ringing endorsement for the brand ;) 

1 hour ago, pecanpineapple said:

I'm hoping I could get some advice on how I could set up my Canon XC10 as a webcam. I enjoy streaming and would like to make use of the camera for when I do stream. Currently using a macbook pro 2019 15 inch. I'd appreciate any/all advice! Thanks everyone 

Canon have recently made a utility that allows you to use EOS cameras as webcams.

The XC-10 is not listed as being one of the supported cameras but there is a feedback forum there that you should have a look at just to check in case someone has got it working.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/self-help-center/eos-webcam-utility/

Other than that you can still use it with an external HDMI capture devices such as those from Elgato or Blackmagic but there is obviously a cost implication of between $150-200 depending on which one you get.

If you do go that route, make sure that it will work with the specific applications that you want to use for streaming.

I have three of these. Fantastic budget solution compared to the Elgato CamLink. Just plug it into your camera and computer. Your Mac will automatically recognize your XC10 as a webcam. https://www.ebay.com/itm/HDMI-to-USB-2-0-Video-Capture-Card-1080P-HD-Recorder-Game-Video-Live-Streaming/114229848228?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649