Adding pulldown for 24p to 60i conversion with JES?

jeffdeponte

Aloha friends,

Iʻm finishing up a short film for broadcast (US/NTSC), shot in 24p (66Mbps Brandin hack) on my GH2. I understand that one of the functions of JES De-Interlacer is to add pulldown. Iʻve seen many posts saying that you can do this with JES, but Iʻve been struggling with it. IMHO, the interface is daunting! Is there anyone or any reference on the web that could enlighten me as to how to do a simple conversion with JES? Specific steps (dialogs, radio buttons, menu selections) would be greatly appreciated.

Mahalo!

Jeff

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Hi, Jeff,

What exactly are you trying to do? The 24p hacks record in native 24p, so pulldown shouldn't enter into the equation.

You mentioned broadcast, is that for television? If so, you need to contact the network or station and find out exactly what format and codec they need from you. (The stations in my area accept the 24p files and do their own conversions.)

Hope this helps!

Yes, pulldown [u]does[/u] enter the equation if you want to have your 24p film broadcast on television in the United States!

And, I did not want to

a) burden the producer with the hassle of the conversion (and, it was in my contract to deliver a 29.97 segment)

...and I want to

b) understand the process and be able to do it all myself

So, silly me, I realized that JES is not a corporation, and that I should just send him an email. He responded, and it works!