Z-Log work on Nikon Z50?

dreamplayhouse

Hi, wondering if Z-Log will work on my Z50? I just purchased this camera and have to say it's pretty great. The EVF is one of the best I've looked through and I have owned so many cameras. Also the high iso is fantastic and video seems good.
And if it does work, is it better than the Flat profile that comes with the camera?

thanks

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members
59 minutes ago, dreamplayhouse said:

Anyone?

@Andrew Reid will be the one to ask about whether it works with the Z50 so hopefully this tag will give him a nudge :)

Funnily enough, I was looking at a Z50 with him in a camera shop a while back and we both thought it looked quite interesting so I'd be interested to know how you get on with it if Z-Log works with it.

• Administrators

I haven't tested it with the Z50. Drop me an email and you can have it for free as long as you tell me whether it works or whether there are any issues?

The Z50 is a fine camera indeed for the price.

Body design reminds me of the Nikon V2 though, or a cheaper Z7. Not my taste in handling, I think Fuji X-T30 is a bit better overall but no doubting the Z50 is a bargain too

19 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

I haven't tested it with the Z50. Drop me an email and you can have it for free as long as you tell me whether it works or whether there are any issues?

The Z50 is a fine camera indeed for the price.

Body design reminds me of the Nikon V2 though, or a cheaper Z7. Not my taste in handling, I think Fuji X-T30 is a bit better overall but no doubting the Z50 is a bargain too

So the X-T30 is another camera I'm thinking about. Are you saying the X-T30 is a bit better overall as a camera or a bit better when it comes to video?
I do wish the X-T30 had a nice big eyecup like the XT-3, or even like the Z50. Do you know if the EVF refresh rate is as good or better on the X-T30?
Will try the Z50 for a week and sell it if I don't like it and maybe buy the X-T30.

thanks

• Administrators

Nothing particular in the specs or on paper is better about it, just personal preferences really, and I have more lenses and adapters for Fuji X-mount. Also, feels really ergonomic with the SmallRig wooden grip to beef it up a bit. X-Pro 2 used on eBay is also worth a look with the 4K firmware update. X-H1 too. A snip at $650 if you're lucky

• 3 months later...