Experience with branching (choose your own adventure) videos?

FreshGiant

I run a little video company in Chicago. Clients are usually small companies doing video for the first time. I pay for ads, lots of people click and out of them very few contact me for a project.

To improve those numbers I have an idea to produce a branching (choose your own adventure) style video on my website of me answering all the questions every new client has (mostly how pricing works and the video production process). 

I want to create a seamless experience that is better than just a bunch of youtube videos linked together, I want a real branching video platform. And after searching for a long time I've found 2 options A) open source stuff like H5P that is beyond my technical knowledge (but free)

B) Great but incredibly expensive platforms like Hapyak that costs $1500 a month and requires yearly contracts

Wondering if anyone has every done any interactive/branching video projects and if so what platforms did they use.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I’m located right outside of Chicago, in maywood so it’s cool to read about someone from my part of the world! I would ask you why you need to host this on any platform? This is a dev problem that can be handled on your site’s web server by hosting the files and running conditional logic in JavaScript. If you’re interested, we can talk through details a bit and I can write up an estimate for the work. I’m an animator and filmmaker but I do a lot of dev work for agencies as well. Let me know!

On 6/12/2020 at 1:52 AM, Thinkoffbeat said:

I’m located right outside of Chicago, in maywood so it’s cool to read about someone from my part of the world! I would ask you why you need to host this on any platform? This is a dev problem that can be handled on your site’s web server by hosting the files and running conditional logic in JavaScript. If you’re interested, we can talk through details a bit and I can write up an estimate for the work. I’m an animator and filmmaker but I do a lot of dev work for agencies as well. Let me know!

Hey good to see someone else from Chicago on here. I'm on the south side. Hope you are staying safe.  Finding a platform is easier because you can not only do all the branching on their software (including quizzes and stuff) but you get all the analytics. So if I make a video about my business that has 50 branches, I can see which paths are most popular and which ones lead to the most contacts. Ultimately I'd like to pitch this to clients (choose your own adventure sales videos), but I need a reliable platform. The problem is that the good ones all sell to school districts for e-learning and the budgets are incredible. Like I said $1000-$1500 a month with 12 month contracts. I didn't know if anyone had ever done a project like this before, but I'm guessing they are still pretty rare.