Interesting article on Lens Rentals on flange distance

noone

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
14 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

Interesting the spread in the Blackmagic Pocket cameras.

Roger is doing great stuff at Lens Rentals. Really admirable.

Not sure if it affects the tightness on the mount, but my first P4K had a slightly looser fit to the lens than the one I have now. 

23 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

Roger is doing great stuff at Lens Rentals. Really admirable.

Absolutely.
In all my research on lenses the Lensrentals blog was by far the best resource I found.

What I found most interesting is how the data they have publisher on lenses is so often counter to the common-knowledge out there, so in that sense it is even more valuable because it is adding to our understanding and dispelling myths.

I'm really looking forward to part 2.

Interesting article, thanks!

I can definitely say that I've had to manually shim, rebuild, or otherwise adjust a number of vintage lenses. This becomes problematic depending how many different bodies and adapters you want to use the lens on, though. If the adapter has optics (speedboosters), they often can be adjusted.

Since I'm dealing with dramatically smaller volumes of gear than Lens Rentals, I'm doing all of this purely by hand and by eye, so I really don't know any of the measurements or which piece of gear is out of spec - I'm just making it all focus correctly (hard-stop manual focus lenses stop at infinity), starting with one setup that works as a reference and just matching everything to it.

1 hour ago, Andrew Reid said:

I am wondering how serious the A7 series IBIS fractures are. Whether these are a result of extreme mishandling and falls or just general wear and tear?

Yeah on all camera's actually, not something you can test while you are buying used camera's. 

1 hour ago, Andrew Reid said:

I am wondering how serious the A7 series IBIS fractures are. Whether these are a result of extreme mishandling and falls or just general wear and tear?

Suggested to Roger that, since Sony cameras are not great in heat management, the plastic holding part could fracture by expansion / contraction because of the heat. He said that it is a good point.
The plastic part looks very well surrounded by metal, very unlikely that the fracture would occur by mechanical impact or stress.