DPReview forum still censoring EOSHD URL

Andrew Reid

• Administrators

Hello everyone, I need your help.

I'd like everyone to write to Scott Everett at DPReview about the forum ban on EOSHD URLs and politely ask for them to stop doing this. I think it's been 5 years now.

There are users who post in both places and want to reference a topic here, or reference in this forum a topic at DPReview.

So it is not nice really, is it?

Last year I had a big clear the air talk with Scott, their general manager. Unfortunately since, he has done nothing to stop the ban. So here is the address to email for him...

https://***URL removed***/about/staff/scott.everett

scottev@dpreview.com

Please be polite and ask him to stop censoring you.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
27 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

I am censored in effect by many of my colleagues but I don't censor you lot. If you want to post a link to Cinema5D or DPReview that's your right.

Very true. I can confirm I've reached you through private message to mention it and you've never told me to not do it. Point made. Censorship only hurts free information and legitimate users' interest.

- E.

@hempo22 I think the most powerful person in the world has already enough media attention, esp. in these days. Please leave it at this for this thread. The discussion back then was very disturbing. I would love your post to be deleted by Andrew. Some of my forum friends who voted for the current potus were still polite, kind and with generous amounts of emphathy. Sofore none of them got banned.

I must correct, ALL of my forum friends, who had voted for the current potus back then, were very polite, kind and participating in a discussion, like voters for other authorities. Anyway, none of them got banned. So no need to put this thing into context with this thread. The potus is not in need of attention right now. He knows how to promote his conduct. Would be cool to have this thread free of potus stuff.

• Administrators

It's hard to understand why people are so divided. Half of them voted for having a racist, nationalist, facist dictator as President, that's all.

What's divisive about that?

I can't see anything wrong with that!

Must be all my fault. Is it me doing the provocation perhaps?

They have done their country proud! 😂

• Administrators

It's always this way.

Someone like the Hemp man diverts the topic.

I ask for help and he does this.

It's trolling pure and simple, just bait to get you to respond.

I don't expect much. Just for those who post at DPReview to be able to reference their information with the source of it, which could be here - they have that right to post EOSHD URLs, it's free speech. I don't ban their URL here despite DPReview treating me like shit. In fact how about this - fuck DPReview. Don't post there. If you don't feel this is right and the locking of protest photo threads, don't read DPReview.

There is a lot of random moderation happening all over. I see it in youtube too, all the time. 

I feel, every story needs to be covered, neutrally, and every voice should be heard. Also, at the end of the day the masters of the planet aren't seen or heard, and yet they influence the major decisions, everywhere. We common folks shouldn't let the trillionaires affect our judgment. Least or all to burn bridges and cities  

• Administrators

In London today, peaceful protests turned nasty. Some thugs attacked news reporters, members of the public. Good cops (you know, the non-racist type) trying to control the situation got vitriolic abuse.

If we all are to have a voice and take action for what's right, the hardcore thugs that undermine their own side should first be silenced.

I know this sounds like a paradox but it's true.

Secondly, those who voted for Trump, Boris or whoever their demigod is (Bolsonaro another) purely for their own good reasons at the time (and the failure of Hilary Clinton to meet their concerns, or Corbyn in the UK) need to come to the right moral conclusion over time and see what he has done to their country. See the hard evidence. A moment of self-realisation needs to happen. Nobody is forcing them, and it doesn't mean to say they suddenly have to turn into the radical left. Carry on being conservative and standing up for your beliefs, but realise what sort of a man Trump is and what kind of weak leadership he represents.

And the radical left, far left, who vilify the entire police force, encouraging the looting of innocent people's businesses, justifying it in the name of George Floyd (nope - it isn't justified) all need to calm the fuck down as well. They are using the anger to heighten the emotion even more and create dangerous tensions on our streets, all for their own selfish political ends.

People just need to be reasonable. Too much to ask? Probably.