Editing a FCP X project with Premiere Pro

chadandreo

Hi,

I would like to know if anyone can help me to figure out the best course of action.

I hired an editor who uses Final Cut Pro X and I would like to finalize the projects color and audio in Premiere Pro, with color being the most important.

I bought Project X₂7, but I was unable to get the project timeline to match what the editor has in FCP. 90% of the timeline looked correct though.

Also, while using that plugin, I am unable to sync assets like the motion graphics and text that were used by the editor.

What is my best option when using premiere pro to work on these issues?

Would Resolve work better?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Only thing that comes to mind is you might not have the latest version of XtoCC (formerly Xto7). I don't use it often, but there are improvements/bug fixes on a monthly basis. Other than that, I'm not aware of any conversion tools that take FCPXMLs and create "regular" XMLs.... 

On the other hand Resolve can take FCPXMLs directly, no conversion needed. So you might have better luck going that route...