Sony Xperia 1 II smartphone - 4K60p H265 "powered by CineAlta"

Django

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
7 hours ago, androidlad said:

And all turned to mush with its 55Mbps bitrate 😞

Considering the breadth of the features on this one, the Least they could have done, is given multiple bitrate options.

Also, I wonder if this is also 10-bit like some of the other flagship Xperias. Interestingly does seem to have HDR (though the A Series has it in 8-bit 100mbps). 

54 minutes ago, Super8 said:

Cinematography Pro app / software will be part of the A7SIII workflow and how A7SIII becomes cinematic.  Maybe app dependent to unlock cine features.

That's my opinion.  

could be kinda interesting it seems aimed to be paired with alpha series..

2fWnbExjMtV5SfQrfMGNRC.jpg

1 hour ago, sanveer said:

Considering the breadth of the features on this one, the Least they could have done, is given multiple bitrate options.

Also, I wonder if this is also 10-bit like some of the other flagship Xperias. Interestingly does seem to have HDR (though the A Series has it in 8-bit 100mbps). 

It's 10bit with HLG HDR option available (on sensor DOL-HDR)

• Administrators

When the cinema department and marketing department come together bad things happen.

5 hours ago, Django said:

could be kinda interesting it seems aimed to be paired with alpha series..

2fWnbExjMtV5SfQrfMGNRC.jpg

This kind of thing should have been STANDARD 5 years ago and today's version should be sleek as hell, perfect image, no latency, no wires, long battery life and all sorts of refinements.

Maybe in another 5 years it'll be usable for day to day shooting?

You are overreacting here - huge screens like this will eat through batteries like butter. HDMI cable is the least of your problems, you need to also power it and also ignore anyone trying to reach you while you shoot. This would be a good solution for amateurs, but it is too expensive for that.

The specs looks very similar to my Samsung S20+. On paper the S20 has amazing specs, but the only 2 things that have exceeded my expectations have been the manual focus and the 960 fps super-slow-motion. I haven't been able to make the 4k HDR10+/8k/4k60p look good, but the 960 fps has made some effects I can't reproduce on my GH5 and the manual focus actually work just the way I want it to work.

The price is in alignment with other current flagships from Samsung (S20) and Apple (11 Pro). 

The Sony blows both out of the water on stills performance thanks to the 20fps with continuous Eye AF. Basically A9 performance in a smartphone. And the “cine” features on the video side.

The sensors on the Sony & Samsung appears to be similar if not the same and are 30% bigger than iPhone 11 Pro’s and it shows with much better low light abilities.

Obviously if you are a Sony Alpha or even XDCam shooter like myself, having that Venice CS alongside 10-bit could be a real asset for C-cam footage. I could see myself using it for sketchy locations where a big cam or even a mirrorless wouldn’t be tolerable. Or action, water sport scenes.

Overall this is the first Android phone that catches my eye.