A Short Video about G.A.S. shot with S1H

jgharding

Obviously this came from a place of lecturing myself more than anything else, but figured it may help us all once in a while. It’s SO EASY to get pulled into obsessing over specs, or the thrill of the eBay chase and so on.

at the start of the year I moved studio and just had mountains of audio and video gear to shift, some of it I just got preoccupied with a notion that a certain sound or look would “inspire me” but TBH it was nonsense, I just enjoyed the hunting and buying, as soon as thing arrived the hit of endorphins was gone and it gathered dust.

So now I’ve sold a ton. I still have a lot, but try to keep to stuff that really makes a difference.

i settled on the S1H as my camera now. The company I co-run still has a GH5 and C200, but the S1H is the best balance for me, and I’ll stick to it and learn it. The autofocus makes me want to yeet it off a cliff though, but hey I just stick Zeiss primes on it with Nucleus nano and I’m happy!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Administrators

The thing about actually finishing things got a nod and a laugh from me, I can't count how many things I've started and then left in limbo, meaning to come back later but never do.

I think I am easily bored. Always looking for next idea.

Nucleus nano sounds like a good idea. The S1H is a great cinema camera. It's never going to be a camcorder with AF or an effortless run & gun shot grabber. X-T4 with an 18-135 is better at that.

I'd like to settle on one camera too. Would be nice 😂