Rewrap Sony XDCAM BPAV Folder → To Something Future Proof

User

I have some old Sony XDCAM BPAV Folders from an EX1 that I want to convert to something I can easily work with.
I was hoping to just rewrap the files (not transcode) into mov files.
In the past, one would use the XDCAM Transfer tool, but that is dead.
Sony have made another tool (Catalyst Edit) that will allow to transcode to other formats. I'd be happy with .mov but it's not an option. One option is MXF but I have no experience with this. Can anyone recommend a codec that won't balloon the files and will be supported in the future... or the near future?

I can import and open the files in FCPX... FCP does something where it rewraps(?) the files with a .mov extension... but when I import these into PPro they don't play properly. Anyone?

Spent the past 6 hours trying to find software that would 'batch convert' (but not transcode) BPAV folders... ugh.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Say it with me... EditReady.

I took the unmodified files that FCP recreated for itself (in its Original Media folder) from the BPAV folders, and then fed them to EditReady which made short work of rewrapping them.

Somewhere in the future, I hope someone gives a fuck about all this all this media we are all generating and giving our lives to make... preserve.