Best camera designs

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
4 hours ago, Mark Romero 2 said:

I'd be a happy man if Panasonic had made the S1 the same size, weight, and shape as my old Nikon D750.

Fascinating how different everyone is. I love the size/weight/shape of the S1 like no other camera I've ever owned. I change my mind sometimes when it's on a Ronin S with a monitor mind! 😄

1 hour ago, TheBoogieKnight said:

Fascinating how different everyone is. I love the size/weight/shape of the S1 like no other camera I've ever owned. I change my mind sometimes when it's on a Ronin S with a monitor mind! 😄

Great for handheld not so much Gimbal. Thats one nice thing about the XT3, its pretty much the ideal gimbal size. 

On 5/7/2020 at 5:11 AM, Geoff_L said:

will soon be in the market for a complementary body, smaller and lighter if possible

Panasonic has confirmed a entry level S series full frame camera will be coming.

32 minutes ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

Great for handheld not so much Gimbal.

I’m starting to much prefer a semi-stabilized handheld look than a gimbal. So much more character in the shots.

If you have IBIS to remove the micro jitters than all you have to worry about is minimizing the swaying and there’s lots of creative ways to do that without buying expensive gimbals.

3 hours ago, TheBoogieKnight said:

Yeah, the S1 is kind of a pain on my Weebill S, where ti sits 99% of the time when shooting video. On a gimbal, the two function buttons on the front of the camera are kind of useless (and I still haven't even figured out what to assign to the two lever locks).

• Administrators

Spam bot retired. Next :)

On 5/9/2020 at 4:18 PM, mrtreve said:

Although not suited to gimbals etc, I think a really FUN camera design to resurrect would be this:

download (1).jpeg

Fun image too.

A more 'imperfect' and more filmic image than the CMOS in the Blackmagic Pocket cams https://www.eoshd.com/review/ikonoskop-a-cam-dll-versus-blackmagic-cinema-camera/

15 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

A more 'imperfect' and more filmic image than the CMOS in the Blackmagic Pocket cams https://www.eoshd.com/review/ikonoskop-a-cam-dll-versus-blackmagic-cinema-camera/

Hallo Andrew, these are the EOSHD gems, your library of articles!

People of this forum have often talked about your classic articles. I bought a F3, PL mount camera for cheap, and discussion was again about older cameras, how some of them hardly go for low prices. The A cam Ikonoskop is a prime example of that or Digital Bolex, F3 is not of course. If you still have your Bolex, it would be awesome to see some footage again of Berlin the way you see it!! You know Rob from Slashcam? Super cool! HD-shop, they were distributor of the Kinefinety cameras I think. Bought an EF to MFT booster from them once.:)

Back on topic. Ergos, picked up my F3 today, corona mask experience in Berlins public traffic. That camera is pretty as heck. But cannot say much other than how it reminds me of the Panasonic AF100. It is one of the coolest camera bodies I had the pleasure to mess around with a bit when a friend of mine bought one two years ago. Now I got my own Sony AF100 with a mix of external 444 glory. So, my pick, AF100. I will see how the F3 does in that regard.

On 5/10/2020 at 11:43 PM, Andrew Reid said:

Spam bot retired. Next :)

Fun image too.

It's so true. The CCD has a such a nice feel. I wonder if the technology is there to get a touch more highlight range off them now?

I regret selling my MKIII S16 Zeiss Superspeeds now.