Your camera of 2025

Deadcode

10 hours ago, Deadcode said:

You dont really get the point of the topic do ya? 😄

I'm doing my best to reply to your posting, then you derail the topic and accuse me off being off-topic.

Moderator, please get this troll off the forum. (The username seems be a giveaway.)

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
17 hours ago, kye said:

RAW 1080 with high DR and nice colours beats 4K, 6K, or 8K+ when the lighting becomes difficult.

Not ideal, but I can live with slightly reduced dynamic range if the rolloff is really nice (like Cineon log curve where colors desaturate to white as they get near 100% luminance). I just can't stand the nuclear orange supernovas around the sun... or around hotspots on peoples faces. A while ago (about three months or so) someone posted some film footage here from a formula 1 race (Le Mans???) and even though the DR was spectacular, the rolloff was nice. 

10 hours ago, rawshooter said:

I'm doing my best to reply to your posting, then you derail the topic and accuse me off being off-topic.

Moderator, please get this troll off the forum. (The username seems be a giveaway.)

You are so easily offended, you must be from the USA :)

Mark Romero 2: you can give any camera a nice roll-off and desaturated highlights in post, if the scene's dynamic range dont exceed the sensor dynamic range.

6 minutes ago, Deadcode said:

Mark Romero 2: you can give any camera a nice roll-off and desaturated highlights in post, if the scene's dynamic range dont exceed the sensor dynamic range.

While I think this is theoretically true, one advantage that having a great rolloff in-camera has is that the compression doesn't take the bad rolloff and make it worse, as the cameras rolloff is done prior to compression.

If you think about early digital video cameras, the highlights looked so awful partly because the rolloff was so awful, but also that the bad rolloff had edges that the high-compression rates and poor codecs then turned into awful jagged messes, and sometimes not even low-contrast jagged messes, but high contrast ones.  

6 hours ago, Nikkor said:

My camera of 2025 is a digital Mamiya 7. Not going to happen... 

Already did! (well Mamiya 6 anyway).     Someone (I think it was in korea) modified and sold them on Ebay though not many.    It was hacked to take digital backs.   Must have been about ten years ago maybe a bit less.       Can not see any reason you could not do the same with the Mamiya 7.       

21 hours ago, noone said:

Already did! (well Mamiya 6 anyway).     Someone (I think it was in korea) modified and sold them on Ebay though not many.    It was hacked to take digital backs.   Must have been about ten years ago maybe a bit less.       Can not see any reason you could not do the same with the Mamiya 7.       

Didn't know that, but that's not the real thing because digital backs only go up to 645. I really want 6x7.