Which cameras do 4K/60?

MeanRevert

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
3 hours ago, MeanRevert said:

Is the Panasonic G9 the smallest one with a zoom lens? 

I'm looking at possibly mounting this on a bike and want to record in 4K/60.  Even though GoPro would be perfect, it's only got that extreme wide angle lens.

The Fuji XT3 is marginally smaller and lighter, but I do believe that you will find smaller lenses for MFT than X mount in general--maybe someone can correct me on that though.

A gopro is nice also because they are designed to be mounted on stuff like bikes. If you use a DSLM, make sure it can't rotate at all on the single 1/4-20 thread--vibrations from a bike could easily knock it loose.

58 minutes ago, KnightsFan said:

A gopro is nice also because they are designed to be mounted on stuff like bikes. If you use a DSLM, make sure it can't rotate at all on the single 1/4-20 thread--vibrations from a bike could easily knock it loose.

You will likely want a cage if you want to be very sure it won't vibrate loose under extreme circumstances.

1 hour ago, MeanRevert said:

Has anyone tried the Backbone mod so you can switch out the GoPro lens with a C mount lens?

Wow, wish there was something like this for my OSMO Action as I’d like to use it more, but for my needs, these things never have enough reach...

Nothing against ribcage but the gopro ribcage mod has an eye watering 5.6x crop factor. I would ask people to do some homework before lashing out on one.  I took this text from the ricage website 

While you can connect any M12, CS or C-Mount lens, 1/2.3″, 1/2” and 2/3” lenses are best. The value in inches simply tells you the size of the image sensor the lens was originally designed for. The GoPro uses a 1/2.3″ sensor. Ribcage has a crop factor of 5.6x for 35mm SLR lenses, so wide angle lenses are generally more useful.

So if my math is right a camera lens designed for 35mm of say 20mm focal length would become a 114mm lens. I have said before i'm not much of a fan of the fisheye look, which is rather odd as i have two gopros 🙄 but jumping from fisheye to a tele length of 114mm is kinda the other end of the spectrum the way i look at things. Nothing against tele lenses either, perhaps you can make it work for your situation. For my purposes i think a 5.6x crop factor is rather large. As much as i would have liked the idea, a the 5.6x crop was just too much for me and well the price here in aus was kinda at the expensive end of things as well.

another option if you didn't have a gopro already ribcage also do a mod for the sony rxo thats got a 1" sensor the crop, details for that are as follows

While the RX0 does have a 1” 21MP image sensor an effective area of 15.3MP is used. Here are the crop factors you can expect when mounting these common lens types:

2/3” C-Mount – 0.78x (some longer 16mm+ 2/3” lenses will cover the sensor though they are technically too small)

16mm (Bolex) – 0.9x (most 16mm lenses will cover the sensor with no vignette)

Super 16 – 1.03x

1” C-Mount – 1.13x

1.1” C-Mount – 1.25x

Micro Four Thirds – 1.45x

APS-C – 1.89x

DX – 2.01x

APS-H – 2.45x

35mm (Full Frame) – 3.07x

no idea how the rxo image compares to a gopro  but a rxo may be a better option for a ribcage mount with the lesser crop and larger sensor, food for thought.

14 hours ago, MeanRevert said:

Is the Panasonic G9 the smallest one with a zoom lens? 

I'm looking at possibly mounting this on a bike and want to record in 4K/60.  Even though GoPro would be perfect, it's only got that extreme wide angle lens.

Mounting on a bike or motorbike?

On a bike like an MTB is a challenge as it gives tons of vibrations so especially with non wide-angle it will be a mess. 

Not sure what you have in mind but I did some experimentation to mount a DSLR on a e-bike with a Ronin S to film galloping horse but without a insulation (shock absorber) mount it is not too good. In comparison on a onewheel handholding the ronin s is super smooth problem is that 25 km/h is too slow for a galloping horse 😉  

A 360 camera with the great stabilization works quite ok mounted on the bike directly but then is even more super wide....

5 hours ago, leslie said:

Nothing against ribcage but the gopro ribcage mod has an eye watering 5.6x crop factor. I would ask people to do some homework before lashing out on one.  I took this text from the ricage website 

While you can connect any M12, CS or C-Mount lens, 1/2.3″, 1/2” and 2/3” lenses are best. The value in inches simply tells you the size of the image sensor the lens was originally designed for. The GoPro uses a 1/2.3″ sensor. Ribcage has a crop factor of 5.6x for 35mm SLR lenses, so wide angle lenses are generally more useful.

So if my math is right a camera lens designed for 35mm of say 20mm focal length would become a 114mm lens. I have said before i'm not much of a fan of the fisheye look, which is rather odd as i have two gopros 🙄 but jumping from fisheye to a tele length of 114mm is kinda the other end of the spectrum the way i look at things. Nothing against tele lenses either, perhaps you can make it work for your situation. For my purposes i think a 5.6x crop factor is rather large. As much as i would have liked the idea, a the 5.6x crop was just too much for me and well the price here in aus was kinda at the expensive end of things as well.

another option if you didn't have a gopro already ribcage also do a mod for the sony rxo thats got a 1" sensor the crop, details for that are as follows

While the RX0 does have a 1” 21MP image sensor an effective area of 15.3MP is used. Here are the crop factors you can expect when mounting these common lens types:

2/3” C-Mount – 0.78x (some longer 16mm+ 2/3” lenses will cover the sensor though they are technically too small)

16mm (Bolex) – 0.9x (most 16mm lenses will cover the sensor with no vignette)

Super 16 – 1.03x

1” C-Mount – 1.13x

1.1” C-Mount – 1.25x

Micro Four Thirds – 1.45x

APS-C – 1.89x

DX – 2.01x

APS-H – 2.45x

35mm (Full Frame) – 3.07x

no idea how the rxo image compares to a gopro  but a rxo may be a better option for a ribcage mount with the lesser crop and larger sensor, food for thought.

Thanks for the added info.  

I looked up the RX0 and it doesn't do 4K/60, although I do see that those Back Bone guys are doing a lens mod for it too.