The Battery Thread

homestar_kevin

Hey everyone, I've always been content with just using individual batteries for all my gear, and still typically do.

I'm used to using Sony NPF style batteries to power things like black magic cameras, LED lights, monitors, etc.

But I've been accumulating more bits and pieces to the point where I'm starting to see the advantage and benefit of having everything plugged into one bigger battery more power on tap for everything.

I'd mostly be powering a camera (typically just a small mirrorless), a monitor or evf, a tilta nucleus nano, Maybe an audio recorder too.

I wanted to see what you were all doing to power your set ups and what you were using/sending power to.

I've started piecing together an anton bauer gold mount kit, but am pretty new to this world so wanted to reach out and see where you were all at.

What are your battery needs/solutions?

I'm thinking about getting this LanParte Gold mount battery pinch, does anyone have experience with this?

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1100250-REG/lanparte_abp_01_a_mount_battery_pinch_and.html/?ap=y&ap=y&smp=y&smp=y&lsft=BI%3A514&gclid=CjwKCAjwqJ_1BRBZEiwAv73uwAv0u4Ab2af962lUiZB_L_EExRoBb5ob_jj7JrH9qCfnrwmMswMCYBoC50oQAvD_BwE

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
4 hours ago, homestar_kevin said:

What are your battery needs/solutions?

My hot tip is: Soshine 9V rechargeable batteries
Got a dozen plus of these for my work. The good thing is you can order them from China, so you don't have the difficulties in getting them to your home like you would if you live overseas and try to get say a commonly recommend battery shipped to you from the USA. 

I would personally go with mini v-mounts as a lot of lights & monitors come with integrated plates for v-lock.

I've been very happy with the Bebob v-micro. They do various capacities depending on your power draw. I've got the 150WH ones because I've got a power hungry camera, but the smaller ones look like a nice form factor if they'll give you enough power.

These are probably a good investment as they can carry you through all your future cameras. I've got a Hawk Woods plate that has 4 or 5 d-tap outputs, so you just get a new power cable for each camera instead of a whole new plate.