DJI Mavic Air 2

androidlad

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I loved the original air's physical design and it clearly has better IQ than my original mavic pro, but the terrible wifi-only transmission was an absolute deal-breaker for me; both copies I have flown have completely lost signal even just orbiting around a house or building, and I have lost signal even with clear line of site less than 100 meters away. I will never buy another wifi-only DJI product. 

Edit: So thank goodness the leaks say this one has full-blown occusync 2.0! 

10 hours ago, androidlad said:

djimavicair2_2.jpg?quality=82&strip=all

https://dronedj.com/2020/04/22/new-dji-mavic-air-2-price-and-photos-leak-online/

It uses the 1/2" Quad Bayer 48MP IMX586 sensor, the same one used on Autel EVO II 8K.

It shoots 4K video and 48MP stills.

Retail price $799

Full official release on the 27th.

The f2.8 lens is a disappointment. Price and specs seem good otherwise. 

22 hours ago, androidlad said:

djimavicair2_2.jpg?quality=82&strip=all

https://dronedj.com/2020/04/22/new-dji-mavic-air-2-price-and-photos-leak-online/

It uses the 1/2" Quad Bayer 48MP IMX586 sensor, the same one used on Autel EVO II 8K.

Retail price $799

Hopefully, it does some stacking on those 48mp stills or else they are no better then 12mp.

1 hour ago, androidlad said:

Mavic Air 2 confirmed to have 4K 60P @ 120Mbps video, also 1080/240P and 8K timelapse video.

DJI-Mavic-Air-2-camera-specs.jpg?w=2500&

It does seem to say that it has a few HDR modes. Hopefully, some of them are for video too. 34mins flight time(?), 68kms speed(?), and 10kms travel range(?).

43 minutes ago, sanveer said:

It does seem to say that it has a few HDR modes. Hopefully, some of them are for video too. 34mins flight time(?), 68kms speed(?), and 10kms travel range(?).

Yeah HDR photos, video and panorama (multi-exposure blending)

34min flight time, 68km/h max speed, 10km max signal range.

10 hours ago, androidlad said:

Yeah HDR photos, video and panorama (multi-exposure blending

Does video has multi-exposure blending? 

7 hours ago, Emanuel said:

Lacks to see if it will be as autonomous as last Skydio and Autel's introductions...

It doesn't have sensors all around so not technically possible

On 4/24/2020 at 5:45 PM, androidlad said:

Retail price $799

It's a 12mpx which is reasonable for this type of sensor. 48mp is a BS "supersampling" gimmick. Shooting in this mode adds a bit more detail but at the expense of noise.

At least they didn't try to play the specs game non sense like 8k on the EVO2 with its plastic lens and low bitrate...

On 4/25/2020 at 6:24 AM, Kisaha said:

Does anyone knows how it is compared to the Mavic 2 Pro? 

Smaller sensor, wider focal (24mm vs 28mm), about the same range and battery life, shoots 4k60. No D-log, no DJI Go App but uses the basic DJI Fly app. Has ADS-B for traffic avoidance (receiver only).
Battery life is announced at 34min but as usual, you can safely remove 7-8 minutes to this.

8 hours ago, Emanuel said:

Lacks to see if it will be as autonomous as last Skydio and Autel's introductions...

DJI introduced the ActiveTrack 3.0 on this one. I couldn't care less about auto modes as I generally disable all the sensors and auto features but this mode is clearly improved, however it still has hard time to detect small stuff like wires and small branches. Definitely not as good as the Skydio 2 if you need an advanced autonomous tracking mode. DJI also introduced a new "ToF" sensor (some sort of lidar).

Due to the shared CPU load, obstacle avoidance, HDR, and some auto flight modes are disabled when shooting in 4k60.

On 4/25/2020 at 4:56 AM, Parker said:

I loved the original air's physical design and it clearly has better IQ than my original mavic pro, but the terrible wifi-only transmission was an absolute deal-breaker for me; both copies I have flown have completely lost signal even just orbiting around a house or building, and I have lost signal even with clear line of site less than 100 meters away. I will never buy another wifi-only DJI product. 

Edit: So thank goodness the leaks say this one has full-blown occusync 2.0! 

Yes, this has been my problem with my own Air.

Sometimes it will fly miles and other times hardly any distance.

On other days, I will update the software etc the day before a job (weddings) but then on the day, can suck up an entire battery just doing some new latest essential software update it now has to do and then calibrate the fucker 37,000 times before it will fly.

As a result, I don't really trust it, have 3 batteries and use it in a very limited way.

I'm not buying another any time soon though as zero income right now anyway!