Deity BP-TRX

Mako Sports

And to think I was about to pull the trigger on Sennheiser AVX's!

"Deity BP-TRX units sold inside the USA will disable audio transmission when you hit record. Only internationally sold units will feature the ability to transmit and record simultaneously."

Looks like i'll have to buy these from a retailer in Canada or the UK because Zaxcom's BS patent on record/transmission in the US is responsible for this.

FEATURES ⬇️

Transmit and record simultaneously

Multiple Boot Modes (TX + Recorder, RX mode, IEM mode, Camera Hop mode, Master TX mode, TC Box mode, and Audio Recorder only mode)

Multiple RF Outputs (10mW, 25mW, 50mW, 100mW, AUTO)

Guard Rail™️ Analog Limiter

Variable Low Cut Filter – up to 200Hz

Boost Audio Frequencies 7KHz – 20Khz

Assign User ID’s to each transmitter

1.3″ OLED display

USB Digital Audio Output

Record 24bit/48kHz BWF WAV files to MicroSD card

Stereo 3.5mm Input

Timecode accuracy of ±0.2ppm

Output Timecode and audio at the same time** via the locking 3.5mm output jack

~12Hrs of battery life at 50mW***

Headphone jack for setup monitoring and listening to playback****

Screen and button auto-lock

Firmware updatable

Rugged metal build quality.

ALL FOR $250.00 

I liked the Deity Connect BP-TX/DUO RX system but that duo RX is just way to big for a 1 man band shooter that rarely records to person interviews and doesn't need the extra transmitter.  image.thumb.png.7f66030c022b4abcd434e4eb80065068.png

The goal for me will be to match this new BP TRX (used a receiver/recorder) with the BP TX (Transmitter). I already have a Countryman B3 lav mic with a Sennheiser connector so it feels like this is a match made in heaven. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

This is truly going to be a revolutionary product for the low budget world if it lives up to expectations.
This packs so much into just one product (timecode! recorder! camera hop! IFB! etc), and all at a very very low price and small form factor. I can see a lot of people buying a couple of these to keep as spares in their sound kit to solve whatever random problem might pop up on sets unexpectedly. 

The biggest negative is that you can't pair a transmitter with more than four receivers, if you're like me a sound mixer then this low number can quickly become a problem. (although it would be good enough for "most" of the productions I work on, I'm not yet at the level when I'll regularly need dozens of comteks available to hand out on a regular basis!)

2 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

This is truly going to be a revolutionary product for the low budget world if it lives up to expectations.
This packs so much into just one product (timecode! recorder! camera hop! IFB! etc), and all at a very very low price and small form factor. I can see a lot of people buying a couple of these to keep as spares in their sound kit to solve whatever random problem might pop up on sets unexpectedly. 

The biggest negative is that you can't pair a transmitter with more than four receivers, if you're like me a sound mixer then this low number can quickly become a problem. (although it would be good enough for "most" of the productions I work on, I'm not yet at the level when I'll regularly need dozens of comteks available to hand out on a regular basis!)

I knew you'd be the 1st guy to respond, being the resident sound guy and all lol

So do I understand this right that I could set up one of these BP-TRXs with a Lavalier and simultaneously send the Audio to another BR-TRX but also to the DUO-RX, so having two Receivers getting the same Audio signal? 

And in another Scenario have two BP-TRXs set up as Transmitters to send two different Audio-Signals to the DUO-RX while also recording the Audio on both?  

1 hour ago, Michi said:

So do I understand this right that I could set up one of these BP-TRXs with a Lavalier and simultaneously send the Audio to another BR-TRX but also to the DUO-RX, so having two Receivers getting the same Audio signal? 

image.thumb.png.ae32221c82988f93bb9f9c05ca3bab89.png

You could definitely pair a BP-TRX with a DUO-RX! But could you at the same time pair the first BP-TRX with a second BP-TRX? I'm not so sure about that, as you might need to put it into IEM mode for this feature. And I don't know if the DUO-RX can be flashed with new firmware to be compatible with the IEM modes. 

2 hours ago, IronFilm said:

You could definitely pair a BP-TRX with a DUO-RX! But could you at the same time pair the first BP-TRX with a second BP-TRX? I'm not so sure about that, as you might need to put it into IEM mode for this feature. And I don't know if the DUO-RX can be flashed with new firmware to be compatible with the IEM modes. 

Ok, thank you. I hope it's possible. And it would be with three BP-TRXs right? One as transmitter, two as receivers...  

2 hours ago, KnightsFan said:

This looks very cool! I've been eyeing a Deity Connect system for my next project, which still looks like a better value for my uses than this new system. But this is really got some great features.

The Duo RX with two of these and that XLR Transmitter: all one-man-band wireless scenarios I can imagine covered. 

8 hours ago, Michi said:

Ok, thank you. I hope it's possible. And it would be with three BP-TRXs right? One as transmitter, two as receivers...  

Yes, I think you could even do this with up to 5?  As my impression is that you can do it up to a max of four receivers (with the fifth one being the transmitter). 

3 hours ago, Michi said:

The Duo RX with two of these and that XLR Transmitter: all one-man-band wireless scenarios I can imagine covered. 

You need greater imagination 😉

• 5 months later...