What REALLY prompted Canon suddenly to get their act together with video?

Andrew Reid

11 hours ago, Super8 said:

How much is the RED Dragon Epic?

The P6K is suppose to be a cine camera. Compare it to the 1DX III if you want a cheaper camera.

There is a used Epic Dragon on ebay for $4800 right now, with two red mags and a PL and Nikon mount. I guess you could compare the RED epic dragon to a 1DX MK3 price wise.

Price wise you'd compare a P6K to a RED One, those go for around $2000-$2500. You can find a RED scarlet for around 3k, but that is bare bones with no accessories. Way cheaper to kit out a P6K than a RED. Personally I wouldn't buy a RED One in this day and age.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Just passing on information that was given to me. If you didn't understand what was said it's simple, we would be seeing the R5 in action at the Olympics if they weren't delayed.

What did your Canon contact tell you? Oh you don't have one. Make sure to hit the downvote button. 

7 minutes ago, Super8 said:

Just passing on information that was given to me. If you didn't understand what was said it's simple, we would be seeing the R5 in action at the Olympics if they weren't delayed.

What did your Canon contact tell you? Oh you don't have one. Make sure to hit the downvote button. 

First of all id like to apologize for downvoting your post @Super8 that was me bein childish 😆

now as for R5 coming to olympics thats not gona happen and i think pros would rather choose 1xd for ergo and durability 

R5 would be more like mini cinecam use maybe A cam if specs proofs for it who knows.

6 minutes ago, Rinad Amir said:

First of all id like to apologize for downvoting your post @Super8 that was me bein childish 😆

now as for R5 coming to olympics thats not gona happen and i think pros would rather choose 1xd for ergo and durability 

R5 would be more like mini cinecam use maybe A cam if specs proofs for it who knows.

Yeah I agree.  The discussion was on the video side and not for photography.  What do you mean? "now as for R5 coming to olympics thats not gona happen"  The Olympics are postponed until 20121. I think we have time now?

10 hours ago, Avenger 2.0 said:

If they delay it yet another year, just maybe sony has their A7S3 released by then (or not) 🤣

I don't think it's delayed until next year.  I personally think it will be released in the fall.