Anamorphic cellphone lens on a mirrorless camera?

ngemu

I've seen some stunning iphone video footage using these relatively inexpensive anamorphic lens. I was curious if it was possible to use these anamorphic lenses on my  Canon ef-m 22mm pancake lens, which has a small front element just like a cellphone. Some manufactures use a rear 17mm filter thread like moondog or ulanzi so its possible to use a step down ring of some sort to secure it on the lens itself...although I'm curious if the distance between the front element and the filter would matter, and how much vignetting will be produced based on the size of the front element and the focal distance.

Does anyone happen to have one of these cellphone anamorphic lens that they can test on their camera? 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

there was another similar topic a little while ago. Someone was looking at using the camera phone anamorphics in front of their lens no idea how it went. i have the letus anamorphic for gopro. It screws to the gopro 4 housing. Whoever made the post thought the letus had the widest opening amongst the camera phone anamorphics if i remember correctly. If i can find my digital calipers i will measure it up i might even find the tv remote if i'm really lucky 🙄. At the moment if i run a tape across the top i measure a 22mm opening.

how that would vignette i am not really sure. for posterity, i could cobble something together  but that wont happen today.

Holy... 

Cant believe it worked. 

Camera: Canon eos-m

Lens: ef-m 22mm f/2

Filter: Ulanzi 1.33x anamorphic

Settings:

1:1 Full sensor readout at 1736x1158, mcm rewire 1080p, upscaled

First shot was stretched using 1.33x, second shot was stretched using 1.5x Upscaled final footage to 4k Still playing around with recording and export settings and this is new to me. The filter is tapped onto my lens so not everything is aligned at the moment. Some issues with focusing to infinity

13 hours ago, ngemu said:

Holy... 

Cant believe it worked. 

Camera: Canon eos-m

Lens: ef-m 22mm f/2

Filter: Ulanzi 1.33x anamorphic

Settings:

1:1 Full sensor readout at 1736x1158, mcm rewire 1080p, upscaled

First shot was stretched using 1.33x, second shot was stretched using 1.5x Upscaled final footage to 4k Still playing around with recording and export settings and this is new to me. The filter is tapped onto my lens so not everything is aligned at the moment. Some issues with focusing to infinity

Congrats! I'm happy for you!

In fact, you totally convinced me to buy the Ulanzi myself and put in front of a 25/1.8 CCTV lens, hahahahha

May I know where did you buy your copy? Could you post a link to it?

13 hours ago, heart0less said:

Congrats! I'm happy for you!

In fact, you totally convinced me to buy the Ulanzi myself and put in front of a 25/1.8 CCTV lens, hahahahha

May I know where did you buy your copy? Could you post a link to it?

I bought it on ebay for 30 USD.

I did another test today, its actually quite blurry if your shooting at a distance. 

4 hours ago, ngemu said:

I did another test today, its actually quite blurry if your shooting at a distance. 

You may add some low strength diopters (like -1 / or +1) if you want to get more sharpness out of it.

It's a fixed focus anamorphic attachment and most likely the focus is set to around 5 - 10 meters. You can't really see it on a phone due to its small sensor and almost infinite depth of field, but when you put in front of a proper camera, then it slowly becomes an issue.

Nevertheless, I think it looks great. Really!

The majority of wide anamorphic lenses (Cooke 32 mm, Kowa 40 mm, etc.) has quite poor corner quality - and that's what people look for.