Panasonic S1H gets anamorphic RAW and 6K RAW via HDMI to Atomos Ninja V

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
5 hours ago, FranciscoB said:

But no cameras are using it. Only recorders and that dji drone. Atomos are the only ones pushing for this. 

That’s true. I can’t help but wonder if Apple has some bigger plan in mind. Red had referenced some partnership things happening right around the time the patent was being contested.  I wonder if Apple will have some broader licensing deal that could eventually cover in-camera recording. Maybe eventually after Atomos’ exclusive period passes then we’ll see. Or maybe not.

BRAW for S1H would be very cool though. 

3 hours ago, FranciscoB said:

Maybe. Is it true that you can't change your wb with prores raw like other raw files? On paper looks great but I really don't see the appeal of that codec. 

I was curious too as I've tested ProRes raw on Premiere Pro beta, and didn't find any ISO or WB setting, like i was used to on other raw format. 

So i asked in a group in FB and somebody replied me this

"The reason you had to change those settings in older raw formats is because they were metadata contained in a sidecar file, referencing a folder of still frames for each clip. ProRes RAW is a single file with all the metadata contained inside it. So you adjust it using the same color controls as a regular video clip; like how you would for a raw still in Lightroom."

To me it makes sense, anybody can confirm this? 

22 minutes ago, Trankilstef said:

I was curious too as I've tested ProRes raw on Premiere Pro beta, and didn't find any ISO or WB setting, like i was used to on other raw format. 

"The reason you had to change those settings in older raw formats is because they were metadata contained in a sidecar file, referencing a folder of still frames for each clip. ProRes RAW is a single file with all the metadata contained inside it. So you adjust it using the same color controls as a regular video clip; like how you would for a raw still in Lightroom."

Yeah that is the case from what I’ve gathered on YouTube. 

1 hour ago, Trankilstef said:

yeah I also read or heard somewhere that even though you don’t get a raw panel in FCPX any adjustments are still happening in linear space prior to debayer.