Step Back

fuzzynormal

2 hours ago, MrSMW said:

Protein, Carbs, Fats 🧐

Ahhh, gotcha!

Yeah, only spending money on the essentials of food or rent (although, many businesses are not spending even that! No joke, here in New Zealand TWO THIRDS of retail shops are not paying their rent. It's brutal for business at the moment. We've had a very harsh lockdown for the past month) is the "smart move" at the moment!

Although, I have a couple of dozens times in the past week attempted to buy audio gear on eBay lately only to be outbid or just see it race up too high for me to even put in a bid. Ah well, I don't mind, those other bidders are saving me from myself! Even if I'd really really have liked that new Wisycom wireless, or that Rycote Cyclone windshield....

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Well, my ATEM Mini Pro just hit the porch an hour ago and I'm trying to brainstorm a way to get a third camera to go with my X-T3 and 80D. Or, better yet, way to replace my 80D with another T3 or a T4 and get a cinema camera on top of that. So clearly my GAS Syndrome hasn't abated.

In reality, I purchased the ATEM because I have a client who plans to do 4 live stream virtual concerts next month, so I should have a check in my hands to cover the cost by Friday. I'm not buying anything right now that won't make guaranteed money.

I do think live streaming virtual events may definitely be a growing trend as social distancing restrictions ease somewhat but restrictions remain on large gathering. With all my other freelance business dried up, as it is for most everyone else, I'm hoping this can turn into a money maker.

On 4/18/2020 at 10:20 PM, IronFilm said:

I find that to be (broadly/roughly) true as well!

But reason I believe is simple: when I'm busy shooting, I'm literally too busy! No time to think about upgrades. 

The troubles start when I'm locked in at home, with time on my hands, and an internet connection....

I hear you man!, I have been in lockdown for a month now and I spend hours and hours in eBay, looking for things I really do not need, but for some reason my brain think this is the best time to get them....ohh Gosh!!!!.

Thanks God Canon announced the R5, my mind blow away and discarded everything else, now at least I will have some months of peace of mind waiting for my dream camera.