White balance and AF?

noone

Slow learner! 

I am on my second A7s and have just noticed (after several years)  that when I select a cooler white balance, Face detect AF does not work and neither does eye AF (A7s has a very crude early eye AF only in AFS mode).    RAW or Jpeg makes no difference and I am assuming it must also affect AF in general and including for video...AF does still work but I am guessing just not quite as well.

I thought it might just be a Sony "thing" (maybe just an A7s thing) but a search found a few older items in various places on colour temp affecting AF.

Are recent cameras affected by this?    

This is not a huge issue (or much of any issue really) for me since most of my lenses are MF on the camera and only my 55 1.8 is proper AF and used for that now and it has always worked as required.   

Just curious since I am bored out of my tree stuck at home most of the day ( eating three days worth of food in one).

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Update.

I have retried it at different times and in different light.      It seems it ONLY applies in certain light and when it does is repeatable and predictable but really only happens when light seems bluer and a cool WB setting would not be my  choice (unless I had some weird reason  for it to look like that).