Adding back motion blur after ReelSteady stabilization

Volumetrik

Using the program ReelSteady I can stabilize footage from the GoPro like a charm. It requires high frame rates to process the stabilization correctly, so I am generally maxing out the shutter speed at 1/480 to achieve this. Once stabilized however, the footage is super stable but lacks that 180deg motion blur.

I've looked online trying to find the best way to add back motion blur, but I did not find a lot. In after effects if I use Pixel motion blur, it takes 30 minutes to render 153 frames, which is absolutely crazy long and my computer is not slow.

Is there any other ways to add back motion blur on over-shuttered footage ? I've read talks about using higher-frame rate video like 60p and using the in-between frame on a 24p timeline to interpolate/estimate the motion blur, but I have not found a way to do this. Any thoughts ?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

10 hours ago, scotchtape said:

I don't know if it's still relevant but there used to be a plugin for ae called reel smart motion blur you can look into.

Thank you, I'll check it out. Quite expensive for what I am doing however.

8 hours ago, heart0less said:

What is your editing software? 

Resolve offers some built-in tools that let you add motion blur to the footage. 

The results are okay, try it for yourself. 

I'll re-download Resolve and check it out thanks.

The render for pixel motion in AE also finished and the result is quite good. It's stupid slow but the result is better than expected.