New Sony sensors

gethin

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I still master in 1080p, but being able to reframe the 4k image is fab.  I agree that 8k will be a nightmare to handle but there are 2 upsides (and slim ones at that).  It gives me the potential to crate stock footage that has more longevity than 4k, and it would allow me to master in 4k and still pan and scan.

With Australia's pitiful broadband network i can't see 4k being required for 3 or 4 years at least, but having stock that I can use in 4 years time would be great.  I will look hard at a 6k or 8k Fuji camera, I'm liking what I'm seeing there, and Im a fan of apsc for a bunch of reasons

Looking forward to seeing if BLackmagic will use either of the new Sony sensors.  Seems to me that 8k maybe a great resolution for BRAW to record in, to deliver full 4K resolution after all of the file size reduction used to compress the images for BRAW storage and allow people to stabilize, reframe and zoom in post and then still deliver 4K. That said, I am fine with watching 1080pm video so delivering 1080p from 8k BRAW could be a great creative workflow as well, if it does not crush your computer in the editing process.  I’m not so much worried about storage size with BRAW, so give us the 8k cameras and we’ll figure out how to use it or not.