Where is the aputure 600d

zerocool22

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • 3 weeks later...

You’d think Aputure would have still announced it online around the time of NAB. The Forza 500 is a great deal right now. If I don’t hear from Aputure by the next month I’ll probably just pull the trigger on a Forza. The 600d is a little more powerful, and honestly, I’d prefer the Aputure since I already have a 300d II and a 120d. But they’ve gone a quite silent about this fixture since last September.

3 hours ago, robotfist said:

You’d think Aputure would have still announced it online around the time of NAB. The Forza 500 is a great deal right now. If I don’t hear from Aputure by the next month I’ll probably just pull the trigger on a Forza. The 600d is a little more powerful, and honestly, I’d prefer the Aputure since I already have a 300d II and a 120d. But they’ve gone a quite silent about this fixture since last September.

Oh I see its a good deal at b&h, too bad the price in europe sucks, they are still 2k € over here.

One of their resellers here in Los Angeles whispered to me that their next release will probably be the Nova (in May) and the 600D is looking more like early fall (maybe late August/September). Dang. Not as excited about another panel light on the market. There seems to be enough of those out there. I wish the 600D was the first on the list. I really think that light will become the industry standard for low to mid-range productions. They’re gonna sell like crazy. Pair two of them together and you almost have an M18, which is crazy. 

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, zerocool22 said:

Yeah I hope not, hope the price will be good as well. Worst case scenario we will see a lot of used 300D ii's popping up when its released. 

I just decided to pull the trigger on the Forza 500 about six months ago and be done with it, and have been happy with my choice. If/when the 600D is available I will re-evaluate, but I didn't want to wait, and now I have a nice, bright new light on every shoot. 

2 hours ago, Parker said:

I just decided to pull the trigger on the Forza 500 about six months ago and be done with it, and have been happy with my choice. If/when the 600D is available I will re-evaluate, but I didn't want to wait, and now I have a nice, bright new light on every shoot. 

any color cast on that bad boy?

8 hours ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

any color cast on that bad boy?

Nope, not anything that I have noticed, anyway. I have used it on countless shoots over the last few months and it has been awesome. 

It has plenty of output and cuts in just fine next to my 120D and Lupo Superpanel. 

There are certain small aspects of build quality and physical design where I prefer the Aputures, but the Forza hasn't let me down, and recently got price-reduced by about $400 bucks making it even more of a deal. 

4 hours ago, Parker said:

Nope, not anything that I have noticed, anyway. I have used it on countless shoots over the last few months and it has been awesome. 

It has plenty of output and cuts in just fine next to my 120D and Lupo Superpanel. 

There are certain small aspects of build quality and physical design where I prefer the Aputures, but the Forza hasn't let me down, and recently got price-reduced by about $400 bucks making it even more of a deal. 

I read the aputure spotlight will not mount on the forza?

8 hours ago, zerocool22 said:

I read the aputure spotlight will not mount on the forza?

Yeah that's right :( 

Only downside, really. The other accessories attach properly, I use it all the time with the lightdome. However, the spotlight attachment (which I also own) doesn't mount properly, which is too bad. So I can only use it with my 120d at the moment. 

At the same time though, the reason I wanted the Forza was to use it primarily in softboxes or booklight-setups, where the extra punch really matters.