Let's get back to cameras

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 hours ago, IronFilm said:

haha, hey now, I've often posted about cameras!

Although, you might need to dig back quite a few years before you find them to be exclusively on topic about cameras. 

If the government allows me to go outside, then I'll likely pop across to the local park (which I expect will be completely EMPTY as it is mostly just surrounded by what will now be empty office buildings) and use all my ample free time now to play around with my Sony PMW-F3 and new Sony CineAlta 50mm T2 lens which I haven't had a proper chance to do yet. (thus I'm looking forward to what @Geoff CB is putting out as well with his F3!)

Gonna start a thread about it as well. One thing of note if you shoot on the F3, the files need to be read in the editor as Full Range. If you just drag it into your editor it will default to read it as limited range and throws out information. 

8 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

This will be the scene in the R&D departments of every Japanese camera manufacturer that are currently behind schedule on delivering the numerous unicorn cameras that were going be released "in time for the Tokyo Olympics".

Hmmmm.... maybe it was really the Japanese scientists who released the coronavirus?

Because they discovered they're better at bioengineering than being semiconductor engineers!

7 hours ago, Geoff CB said:

Gonna start a thread about it as well.

I'm interested in also seeing how to get the best Rec709 internal out of the Sony F3, not sure that is something discussed too much?

Basically treating it as a "C100" instead of a "Mini Alexa" camera. 

As sometimes a C100 is all you need! Such as if I'm merely shooting content for my YouTube channel. Or most low budget corporate content. 

And even the internal stuff can be pretty good! For instance "Safety Not Guaranteed" (ha! What a title for these times) was shot I believe just internally, pre S-log days. 

On 3/24/2020 at 10:09 AM, BTM_Pix said:

I have just re-purposed my original Lidar prototype into a body worn device with a speaker that barks out "BACK OFF YOU BASTARD" when it detects someone breaking the recommended two metre safety perimeter.

Being confined to a small apartment, the novelty off this invention has worn very thin with my other half.

You can call the system, ahn...DFD is a good name, I guess.

(Distance From Disease)

21 hours ago, IronFilm said:

I'm interested in also seeing how to get the best Rec709 internal out of the Sony F3, not sure that is something discussed too much?

Basically treating it as a "C100" instead of a "Mini Alexa" camera. 

Hey friend, still thinking about getting my hands on a F3. I own a FS700 and used it only once on a paid gig. Likeable camera, great battery life without need for Vmount batteries. Image of internal SLOG is pretty good too, only in fast movement there is rather large blocks, artefacts. So was thinking of using the FS700 in internal as C100 made by Sony.:) So how is the lowlight and image of F3 compared to the FS700, internal and external HD vs. downscaled 4k to 2K? Does it have cinema 2k? cheers and thanks