Stuck at home and created this piece to hopefully inspire the best for the world

mojo43

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
28 minutes ago, mojo43 said:

made my daughter the actor and my wife the grip and script supervisor

Dang, nice library of international images. 

I don't have near as much impressive travel stuff in the footage I shot from past years (most of my travel was over a decade ago), but this is a great idea and I have been wanting to consolidate/organize my footage that I do have.  Right now it's just laying about on random hard drives. And HDV tapes, ugh.  

Your work makes me think that if I went through it all I might be able to pull something similar together.  Not as good what you did here, but at least it's a project that would have a bigger purpose than just tidying up my media.

1 hour ago, fuzzynormal said:

Dang, nice library of international images. 

I don't have near as much impressive travel stuff in the footage I shot from past years (most of my travel was over a decade ago), but this is a great idea and I have been wanting to consolidate/organize my footage that I do have.  Right now it's just laying about on random hard drives. And HDV tapes, ugh.  

Your work makes me think that if I went through it all I might be able to pull something similar together.  Not as good what you did here, but at least it's a project that would have a bigger purpose than just tidying up my media.

I am sure it's impressive! Ya just trying to keep busy over here. Anything to create. It's hard not to feel stuck!

1 hour ago, heart0less said:

This is a good idea for a reel, actually.

Dig the lighting in the opening scene - as simple as that, but makes the globe and your daughter really pop out.

Solidarity and empathy - that's what we need.

Thanks, ya just a few lights and some fog.

41 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

WTH of reel, man, I'm impressed with your work! : ) The more I know it, the more I am sold : -)

Thanks so much for saying that! So kind of you!

Curious to know what everyone else is doing these days while being locked inside?

18 minutes ago, mojo43 said:

Curious to know what everyone else is doing these days while being locked inside?

You may have missed this, but not so long ago I suggested that we do something creative with the time on our hands and come up with this:

It's not that far off from your video, actually.
Great minds think alike!

*This yellow rabbit will haunt me to the end of my days and it's your fault @noone. 😂 *

21 minutes ago, mojo43 said:

Thanks, ya just a few lights and some fog.

Awww, fog / haze is one of the next tools I'd like to get acquainted with, it adds a lot of depth to the shot.

How did you fog it? With some atmosphere in a can or a rather professional fog machine?

1 hour ago, heart0less said:

You may have missed this, but not so long ago I suggested that we do something creative with the time on our hands and come up with this:

It's not that far off from your video, actually.
Great minds think alike!

*This yellow rabbit will haunt me to the end of my days and it's your fault @noone. 😂 *

Awww, fog / haze is one of the next tools I'd like to get acquainted with, it adds a lot of depth to the shot.

How did you fog it? With some atmosphere in a can or a rather professional fog machine?

Ya I missed that post. Will check it out now! We usually use a fog machine which outputs so much more, but since things are all closed up I just used some fog in a can. Did the trick! ;)

20 hours ago, OliKMIA said:

The scenario is a bit cheesy (no offense) to my taste but the images and editing are excellent. Indeed, nice video library! Good job.

Interesting. Was it the first shots or was it the VO or something else?

On 3/27/2020 at 2:16 PM, mojo43 said:

Interesting. Was it the first shots or was it the VO or something else?

Nothing wrong with the first shot. It looks very good actually. I just finds the message a bit "naive", kind of an advert for UN or something like that (we are all one, share common issue, no borders, etc.). But that's just my feeling.
Even-thought the purpose of the message nice and I agree with it, we saw a vastly different response in the world (most countries closing borders, competition between people and countries to find limited supplies).

But that's a positive message, there is nothing wrong with it. And again, the editing and grading is top quality. Very good work.

I work on the capital, where the TV studios are, and my wife works on a smaller city, so after I quarantined myself in the capital first (just in case), I finally spend time with my little ones. It was a difficult year away from my family (actually, the family was away from me), and a lot of hard - and meaningless TV comedy - work. Unfortunately, I was about to earn the 50% of my income these months (March - April - May) but everything is canceled, or I canceled everything anyway.

Health is more important than anything else. 

You are very good at what you do @mojo43, your style isn't exactly my cup of tea, but I am trying to get inspiration by your work and maybe speed up a little, but maybe you need to slow down a bit yourself, like 1-2% or 3! I feel that some images have to breath a little bit more and give some frames, you say so in the middle of your video as well! I do not use voice overs, never, but it was a necesity in this one, I guess, I want to see more like the Georgian stuff, really liked that one, had more depth and substance. 

Little details of course, but I get that you want to be super awesome at that!

• 2 weeks later...