EOSHD in lockdown in Barcelona - photos from Coronavirus ghost town

Andrew Reid

1 hour ago, George IV said:

Yes, I understand.  I have the same problem with many other outlets, and I can't stand politics.

The truth may be exposed when we figure out why this CureVac CEO is on "medical leave" all of a sudden.  CureVac swapped their new CEO with their old one not long before this controversy happened.  Stay tuned!

All your links rejecting it are effectively the same....IE back to the company.

The  thing is Trump DID talk with the former CEO.  WHY?    The chief investor DID say he had been told about the offer and rejected it (and that is before the stories about it being wrong were a thing).   How could he have said that if it never happened?      This all seems pretty typical of Trump.      he will just deny and deny and changes the story regardless of facts (EG he even denied being of German heritage for years saying he was of Swedish heritage as did his father but now is proud of his (German) heritage, EG SAYING he had to close his charity under court order for minor accounting errors while what he actually AGREED to is available for all to see on the internet.  

In this case, if it walks like a duck....

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Administrators

Strikes me as a cover-up by Curevac

"Adding to the confusion, the company is now on its third CEO within the past seven days. The first CEO, Daniel Menichella, attended a March 2 White House meeting of pharmaceutical executives. Without CureVac giving a reason at the time, he left the company, effective immediately, on March 11."

The German government is probably very unhappy that the company was even so much as entertaining the idea of Trump's offer.

There will be other companies in Europe developing solutions.

I am sure the German government will be on the phone to them instead in the coming weeks.

I see nothing so far to suggest that the story isn't true. I think Trump and CureVac did try to get into an exclusive bed together, with a mattress made entirely of dollar notes, and pillows stuffed with the ashes of a million dead Europeans.

Of course it COULD be something as simple as Trump wanting to talk to the CEO and INFORMALLY putting it to him which he then INFORMALLY took to the company so that way, there IS no (official) attempt ...no matter, it stills says exactly the same.

5 hours ago, noone said:

All your links rejecting it are effectively the same....IE back to the company.

The  thing is Trump DID talk with the former CEO.  WHY?    The chief investor DID say he had been told about the offer and rejected it (and that is before the stories about it being wrong were a thing).   How could he have said that if it never happened?      This all seems pretty typical of Trump.      he will just deny and deny and changes the story regardless of facts (EG he even denied being of German heritage for years saying he was of Swedish heritage as did his father but now is proud of his (German) heritage, EG SAYING he had to close his charity under court order for minor accounting errors while what he actually AGREED to is available for all to see on the internet.  

In this case, if it walks like a duck....

Where did you read that the former CEO rejected a specific deal?  The German newspaper claims that the source of this story was anonymous.  In other words, they have no proof.  Please cite your source that actually names anyone from CureVac as the accuser.  I can't find a name anywhere.

• Administrators

The change in CEO is smoking gun for me. You do not sack your CEO if you just came up with a Coronavirus vaccine.

You sack your CEO if he tried to take it to the US in informal (possibly even corrupt) exclusivity deal, and in process piss everyone off in your home country including the government.

12 hours ago, George IV said:

Where did you read that the former CEO rejected a specific deal?  The German newspaper claims that the source of this story was anonymous.  In other words, they have no proof.  Please cite your source that actually names anyone from CureVac as the accuser.  I can't find a name anywhere.

Where did I SAY the former CEO rejected the deal?    The Chief INVESTOR did (as was reported HE said he was told about it and HE rejected it).    In any event, WHY did the CEO even meet with Trump? ETC ETC ETC.   

I am satisfied, if you are not, that is up to you but I can see a clear link (and if it was informal, that gives the company deniability). 

I am done.

11 hours ago, noone said:

Where did I SAY the former CEO rejected the deal?    The Chief INVESTOR did (as was reported HE said he was told about it and HE rejected it).    In any event, WHY did the CEO even meet with Trump? ETC ETC ETC.   

I am satisfied, if you are not, that is up to you but I can see a clear link (and if it was informal, that gives the company deniability). 

I am done.

I assume when you say chief investor you mean controlling shareholder.  Please give me a link to his name and statement, and I will not bother you again. 

Let me be clear that our media in the United States hates Trump with a passion.  They have been caught quite a few times either twisting the truth, or completely fabricating an entire story.  This CureVac article is a serious accusation that has clearly angered an an entire nation, and it needs to be proven either way.  If the truth comes out that Trump made this specific offer to CureVac, then I will return and apologize for wasting everyone's time.  "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities".  - Voltaire

35 minutes ago, George IV said:

I assume when you say chief investor you mean controlling shareholder.  Please give me a link to his name and statement, and I will not bother you again. 

Let me be clear that our media in the United States hates Trump with a passion.  They have been caught quite a few times either twisting the truth, or completely fabricating an entire story.  This CureVac article is a serious accusation that has clearly angered an an entire nation, and it needs to be proven either way.  If the truth comes out that Trump made this specific offer to CureVac, then I will return and apologize for wasting everyone's time.  "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities".  - Voltaire

I am done with this story as again, if it looks like a duck....The chief investor (how it was put in the story) is quoted there.    If you choose NOT to believe he said that, that is your problem.

I DO hate trump with a passion but for many reasons including the already mentioned frequent lies and having no regard for "facts" what ever....IE even lying about where his family comes from, EG lying about WHY he had to close his "charity" (never mind the actual REASONS which were numerous), IE having to close his "university" under court order, IE for the way he treats the little business people he deals with, IE for his draft dodging and that if he was a serving member of the defence forces, he would be court martialled many times over ETC ETC ETC.

I am out but as far as I am concerned, this issue is real and I believe he would have tried it on, even if "unofficially".

46 minutes ago, noone said:

I am done with this story as again, if it looks like a duck....The chief investor (how it was put in the story) is quoted there.    If you choose NOT to believe he said that, that is your problem.

I DO hate trump with a passion but for many reasons including the already mentioned frequent lies and having no regard for "facts" what ever....IE even lying about where his family comes from, EG lying about WHY he had to close his "charity" (never mind the actual REASONS which were numerous), IE having to close his "university" under court order, IE for the way he treats the little business people he deals with, IE for his draft dodging and that if he was a serving member of the defence forces, he would be court martialled many times over ETC ETC ETC.

I am out but as far as I am concerned, this issue is real and I believe he would have tried it on, even if "unofficially".

Chose not to believe what?  I see no name, no statement, and no witnesses.  Until there is clear evidence that any of this happened, neither one of us is in any position to call it true or false.  And let me ask you.  If this is such a huge story, then why are CNN, NBC, MSNBC and the CBC not running it?  Normally these outlets would use a story like this to crucify Trump, but I can't find it anywhere.  Doesn't that sound suspicious to you?

On 3/22/2020 at 3:14 PM, noone said:

Things were going better here in Australia than most places and they seemed to be getting to be able to flatten the curve.....then a couple of days ago they let FOUR cruise ship loads of people out into the wild in Sydney with several on EACH SHIP having the virus...Even if they CAN track down all those people, by now, it is far to late and so in a coupe of weeks it will be bedlam.

Today the government put out a decent sized emergency package that has some on the left up in arms and some on the right as well so looks to me to be pretty right (a bit too generous maybe but better that than the other way).

Not in lockdown YET (that will change any day now) but even so it can be pretty still out.   

This is a main street in Wagga Wagga a small city in regional NSW (and the centre of the Universe).

DSC02174.jpg

Ah yes, the bustling metropolis of Wagga Wagga.

As an interesting comparison to the above photo, perhaps you could share one taken during the lockdown too. 🤣

Just for the record, the Curevac 80% owner is a guy called Dietmar Hopp. His (former) chairman is a US citizen and did attend a White House briefing along with about 20 other Pharma CEOs in early March.

So it is eminently possible there was a Trump input. The idea that it would be available preferentially for Americans sounds Trumpish, plus it has precedent in the early days of penicillin.

The trouble of course is that Trump is poorly educated and probably does not appreciate that the problem with vaccines is not finding one, it is making sure that it does not do more harm than good.

So even if Curevac has some promising product, making sure it does not have some unexpected side effect, as Thalidomide did, will take time.

On 3/25/2020 at 12:27 PM, barefoot_dp said:

Ah yes, the bustling metropolis of Wagga Wagga.

As an interesting comparison to the above photo, perhaps you could share one taken during the lockdown too. 🤣

not much would change, maybe they will turn the lights off, but noone has L series glass so the picture might be a bit darker perhaps 😉

1 hour ago, Andrew Reid said:

What are you afraid of? Said something you shouldn't?

I stand by every word.  But I refuse to contribute to a website that considers banning free speech.  And for the record, I was merely defending my country, not my president.  I also still believe that your camera reviews are some of the finest and most objective out there.  

Hope you are able to get home soon.  This too shall pass.