EOSHD in lockdown in Barcelona - photos from Coronavirus ghost town

Andrew Reid

• Administrators

I don't know how much longer I can survive here...

All the camera stores are closed.

Only the night before I saw some rare Canon FD lenses behind a shutter, and this was the tipping point.

Got a Ryanair back last night.

Barcelona is a truly wonderful place.

In Barcelona people were acting sensibly, responsibly, in an adult manner.

I am now in the UK. The place has gone completely to shit!

So now my escape from doom to hell is complete, at least I'll have plenty of time to write that F1 / GFX 100 blog post, S1H review, @BTM_Pix secret projects and panic shopping.

IMG_3593.jpg

IMG_3582.jpg

IMG_3595.jpg

Thankfully the plane even had a pilot.

At one point I thought I might have to fly it myself.

At least I had plenty of leg room on board.

IMG_3605.jpg

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members
5 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

I am now in the UK. The place has gone completely to shit!

I did warn you !

This seems like a very very very long time ago now doesn't it?

2089939204_F1BCN039.thumb.jpg.bac1484d16c78ed6b87528e654258c37.jpg

8 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

So now my escape from doom to hell is complete, at least I'll have plenty of time to write that F1 / GFX 100 blog post, S1H review, @BTM_Pix secret projects and panic shopping.

I'm not sure you've got the hang of the secret part of the secret projects there mate ;)

You need to prioritise writing up the camera shop story !

• Administrators

I'd like to hear your stories from Japan as well...Lemon Camera, any rare stuff you came across, and the story of the Brits all taking their masks off because they listened to Boris!

I can keep a secret, I just won't tell anyone I am keeping a secret.

On way back the GFX 100 got melon juice spilt on it due to Ryanair forcing me to put my lunch in my camera bag.

Smells nice and fruity

Shutter is a bit sticky though

• Administrators

In the UK we have an inexperienced ex-hedge-fund manager chancellor in control of economy, so that is about to go tits up. He has promised unlimited bailouts, dedicated $330 billion to prop up the economy (20% of GDP!), but done it in a the most backward dumb way imaginable, where most of the money will be pocketed by shareholders, bosses and big companies, leaving the staff and small businesses who really need it scrambling for what's left. It's a bit like how they shut down theatres and cinemas here last week in an 'advisory' way. Oops. Meant none of them could claim on insurance for any closure and losses. The chancellor and prime minster have sacked most of their advisors and there is a rift with the civil service. Both of them are wreckers, gamblers, risk takers. Until today bars and restaurants were still open, in midst of a pandemic. Virus is spreading very fast in London but it was almost like business as normal till now, with very little social distancing going on. People are waking up now, but government is still way behind the ball. Doctors and nurses having to share masks, not even able to get tested for coronavirus. When they get it, they spread it. Likewise, most of the population, because none of us get tested either, none of us have any masks, won't wear them anyway, and are getting on packed trains to go to packed offices and bars like the problem doesn't exist.

The situation in the UK in 2 weeks might make Italy and Barcelona seem positively calm.

In Spain and Italy at least they are taking the lockdown seriously and stuff is closed.

Also people have just genuinely gone mad. The panic buying, empty shelves, country gone to shit.

I might have to move.

Where to? Mars?

Yeah similar situation in France. We're officially on lockdown but still quite a few people in major cities not taking it seriously enough. doesn't help that there are major loopholes in the official document you need to fill out to go outside. We're on day 6 here and I'm already fighting depression.. business has ground to a halt, far away from family & friends. don't even have my music recording equipment to work on those songs I never usually have time to put into. on the upside all camera related GAS has suddenly vanished.. and at least I managed to escape to the countryside, Paris was a mad house.. good luck to everyone! 

Hey @Django Here in Bavaria we´re on Day 1 of the official Lockdown, finally I have to say since a lot of idiots aren´t willing to accept some simple rules and distance themselves from others. 

I work in education/apprenticeship in the crafts, and even though all schools, universities etc. are closed and even we are without any studens right now, we´re still obliged to come to work and aren´t given the option of homeoffice. That´s really frustrating right now.

Keep fighting the depression, find another way to record songs/song-ideas and stay creative in this difficult time!

@Andrew Reid Good to hear you´re finally home. Crazy times and lots of crazy people. Let´s hope the UK is able to profit from their island status and find the right methods to keep the people unter control.

Germany could´ve done more and more early, but at least our minister in bavaria is trying his best and rushes forward with actions against the virus and the people spreading it.

As a member of the Independent (moderate) party, I too have been critical of Trump over certain matters.  Your accusation regarding the German company CureVac, however. has been debunked as fake news.  The following is a link to my source, Gannett Newspapers, which has never supported Trump.  

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2020/03/16/german-company-curevac-says-no-offer-trump-coronavirus-vaccine/5062072002/https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2020/03/16/german-company-curevac-says-no-offer-trump-coronavirus-vaccine/5062072002/

18 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

It's a bit like how they shut down theatres and cinemas here last week in an 'advisory' way. Oops. Meant none of them could claim on insurance for any closure and losses. The chancellor and prime minster have sacked most of their advisors and there is a rift with the civil service. Both of them are wreckers, gamblers, risk takers. Until today bars and restaurants were still open, in midst of a pandemic. Virus is spreading very fast in London but it was almost like business as normal till now, with very little social distancing going on. People are waking up now, but government is still way behind the ball. Doctors and nurses having to share masks, not even able to get tested for coronavirus. When they get it, they spread it. Likewise, most of the population, because none of us get tested either, none of us have any masks, won't wear them anyway, and are getting on packed trains to go to packed offices and bars like the problem doesn't exist.

Sounds worst than my part of the US!

I was on the phone with a client to reschedule, explaining about the mandatory closures etc...

The man went on a tear about how its all-to-do-about nothing. That it’s just the flu and some vast political conspiracy. I just bit my tongue and listened to the man and then told him to stay safe.

Honestly, some people require a 10 ton brick to fall on their head to wake-the-fuck-up.

If anything, this pandemic has made it abundantly clear the ignorance? delusion? hate?  All of the above? that some people have to their fellow citizens.

On the plus side, a lot of people are staying home here in my area and taking it seriously.

There is a monumental difference between political opinion, and denial of the truth.  The Trump-Germany story has been debunked by a number of sources.  I attempted to post a link which proves this fact, but it has remained hidden for hours.  So, search "Trump exclusive test Germany" and discover the truth.  It never happened.