One Single Room | Film Challenge

heart0less

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members

That is so lovely @Anaconda_

Just before watching this I had been speaking to my daughter who is about to go to hospital to start her shift as a midwife and I'm not going to lie I am absolutely shitting myself about her uncertain welfare in work encountering this virus.

The feeling of helplessness over that is particularly acute as we are in different countries.

Watching your film actually got me very emotional considering how much more of those things that I should have done with my own daughter at that age.

So keep making more of these and turn whatever degree of isolation you are having to observe there into the opportunity to make more great memories like this.

But for the love of God, if you are going to do more stop motion, get a cable release for that X-T3 ;) 

24 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

But for the love of God, if you are going to do more stop motion, get a cable release for that X-T3 ;) 

Tried using my phone as a remote shutter, but it kept dropping the connection. 

Thanks for the kind words, and all the best to your daughter. Couldn’t imagine the feeling of walking into a hospital right now.

Thankfully she’ll also be bringing people out of the hospital. 

12 hours ago, Anaconda_ said:

Let's get this thing started then. Here's my entry.

All hand held and in natural light (except for one shot, no points for guessing which one)

Filmed in less than an hour, paid for by a beaming little face when the finished project was ready to watch.

You win!    Next idea?

On 3/21/2020 at 7:04 PM, Anaconda_ said:

Let's get this thing started then. Here's my entry.

All hand held and in natural light (except for one shot, no points for guessing which one)

Filmed in less than an hour, paid for by a beaming little face when the finished project was ready to watch.

well done anaconda. 

At the opposite end of the spectrum. May i present my shamefully exploited cat. Turns out he doesn't mind a bit of dop work 😉 Rather than edit the longer bits i learned how to speed things up in resolve. hope you get get a giggle out of it.

My submition :) I must admit, that it was shot a week or so before this challange was announced, but it was made under the same conditions. Me filming and lighting, my GF dancing in out flat :) Music also by my band, so it doesn`t get more one man crew :)

On 3/22/2020 at 11:24 PM, heart0less said:

Man, does he know how to frame!

He clearly didn't like the first shot, hahaha.

lol , yeah i figured he'd have a poke at it, if it was down at his level. I put two gopros down at each end of the hall and lounge. Sound was a bit muffled, i should have hooked up the rode mic but then that might have put the cat off. In hindsight i should have swapped the cameras and had the  gopro with a  mike near the lounge. Since neither of the gopros were in housings i thought the sound would have come through better.

That is the cats normal exercise regime in the morning and he is a dead set ninja on carpet, not much gets past him, but it does get interesting when he hits the cork 😉 He does have some other toys, If i do it again i'll try it with the p4k and apply some of the things i learned. This was a quick and pretty ordinary effort but i did learn a few things and the other thing i wanted to do was lighten peoples moods a little. 

10 hours ago, heart0less said:

Alright, people, here is my take.

Shot all by myself since no-one was keen to help me.
) :

Lighting was quite simple, I only used already existing fixtures and modified them with some tape / baking paper to add warmth.

X-T3 , Helios and DIY anamorphic.

Change it from "Oats" to "Grits" and you have yourself a masterpiece :)

In all seriousness, good work!!! Thanks for posting it.

9 hours ago, Mark Romero 2 said:

Change it from "Oats" to "Grits" and you have yourself a masterpiece :)

In all seriousness, good work!!! Thanks for posting it.

Thank you! 

I've never eaten grits, adding it to my 'things you must try' list. Sounds yummy! 

Shame that every little store is closed (only the big ones like Lidl, Aldi, etc. work normally), since I won't be able to get in a supermarket here. 

) :