One Single Room | Film Challenge

heart0less

Dear filmmakers of EOSHD!

Since many of us are advised to #staythefuckhome and, thanks to that, we found ourselves having plenty of free time, I humbly announce a new film challenge, as proposed by @sanveer and @BTM_Pix:
One Single Room In Your House | Film Challenge.

I, personally, find the rules suggested by @sanveer very applicable, would you agree with me?
Here they are:

It can be shot on ANYTHING (Alexa, DSLR, Mirrorless Smartphone, GoPro, Spycam etc). 

Sound should be decent. 

No restrictions on the story. 

Acting can be as bad as can be expected from a paranoid filmmaker locked with 4 walls.

No limit on how many short films you can submit.

The only thing I'd add (and take it more as advice, not a rule per se) is:

KEEP IT (SHORT AND) SIMPLE aka KISS 😘

Can we count on your support, @Andrew Reid?
A blog post of some sort?

Who's in?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
10 hours ago, heart0less said:

What about letting them be the sound guys / DPs and become the stars ourselves, just for once? 

😚

my cat has alot of er... dignity not sure he'd condescend to wearing some kind of vest  with a gopro and rode mic. Still  rigging the cat up, could make for an interesting video in itself 😎

HMM

I can see myself playing but only once I have to self isolate for 2 weeks which is (hopefully) a while off if at all.

No cat though and my flat is only two main rooms with a small kitchen and toilet/shower area so i WILL be going nuts.

The only wildlife is the odd bug or two so maybe a macro video unless I can get one of the local feral cats wandering by out the bathroom window.

Maybe a yellow ceramic rabbit as the "talent"?  

DSCF5210.JPG

6 hours ago, noone said:

HMM

I can see myself playing but only once I have to self isolate for 2 weeks which is (hopefully) a while off if at all.

No cat though and my flat is only two main rooms with a small kitchen and toilet/shower area so i WILL be going nuts.

The only wildlife is the odd bug or two so maybe a macro video unless I can get one of the local feral cats wandering by out the bathroom window.

Maybe a yellow ceramic rabbit as the "talent"?  

DSCF5210.JPG

lots of potential there. One of the more interesting/ creative timelapse movies i ever watched was the wizard of speed and time.

2 hours ago, leslie said:

lots of potential there. One of the more interesting/ creative timelapse movies i ever watched was the wizard of speed and time.

Yeah but I am not that bright and pretty much without ideas.    A friend of mine is creative though so i might ask her for ideas (if it comes to that).

3 hours ago, heart0less said:

Since we'll be joined by some people from both reddit and Facebook, I created a vimeo group in which all the shorts will be collected:
https://vimeo.com/groups/640313

Wow. I am sure many will join the competiton, once we reliase that we don't have to make million dollar blockbusters, and the fact that many of these restrictions are in our heads. I have a few ideas. Wondering which one to start first. 

On 3/18/2020 at 7:42 PM, heart0less said:

Since we'll be joined by some people from both reddit and Facebook, I created a vimeo group in which all the shorts will be collected:
https://vimeo.com/groups/640313

I'm guessing that won't support YT uploads?  I have vague memories of Vimeo having some kind of restriction on uploads if you aren't a paying member?

I auditioned it as the platform I was going to share my random camera test videos and ended up on YT because there was some problem with Vimeo.

1 hour ago, kye said:

I'm guessing that won't support YT uploads?

Yes, that's true, unfortunately.

1 hour ago, kye said:

I have vague memories of Vimeo having some kind of restriction on uploads if you aren't a paying member?

Your weekly upload limit is 500 MB, total limit - 5 GB.

It's not set in the stone, I'm open to other means of organizing our efforts.

( :

9 hours ago, heart0less said:

Yes, that's true, unfortunately.

Your weekly upload limit is 500 MB, total limit - 5 GB.

It's not set in the stone, I'm open to other means of organizing our efforts.

( :

Ah yes, that sounds about right..  and considering that I'd only use Vimeo because I wanted their higher quality, any video will be more than 500MB.  Whereas YT has no limits and doesn't buffer endlessly for no reason..  Game over!

Maybe we just use this thread to post entries?