So What Will You Do ?

BTM_Pix

In NSW, Australia we are not in lockdown.....it is just illegal to go anywhere!     Nah, we CAN go for exercise by ourselves or with one other,  we can go to work for those still working or for essential shopping...even though many of the business who still are open are not really essential we CAN still go to those shops but it would technically be illegal GETTING to them.....IE, if stopped by the police and asked what reason you have to be out of home, if you said going to buy a new camera bag because I want to add a twentieth, THAT would probably get you a thousand dollar fine (about 20 cents US I guess these days) but if you got there, that would be ok.     There are a few other reasons to be out but can not visit friends ETC.     I spend my days mostly on my bed watching TV getting fat(ter).     Go for a walk with my camera daily and occasionally go to where i work as a volunteer at an op shop keeping an eye out out for interesting props for photographing and especially to use with a macro lens that i have not used anywhere near enough recently (yet).

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members
1 hour ago, noone said:

In NSW, Australia we are not in lockdown.....it is just illegal to go anywhere!     Nah, we CAN go for exercise by ourselves or with one other,  we can go to work for those still working or for essential shopping...even though many of the business who still are open are not really essential we CAN still go to those shops but it would technically be illegal GETTING to them.....IE, if stopped by the police and asked what reason you have to be out of home, if you said going to buy a new camera bag because I want to add a twentieth, THAT would probably get you a thousand dollar fine (about 20 cents US I guess these days) but if you got there, that would be ok.     There are a few other reasons to be out but can not visit friends ETC.     I spend my days mostly on my bed watching TV getting fat(ter).     Go for a walk with my camera daily and occasionally go to where i work as a volunteer at an op shop keeping an eye out out for interesting props for photographing and especially to use with a macro lens that i have not used anywhere near enough recently (yet).

We are not allowed out for exercise but you can go to the most local shop closest to where you live.

You can go walk there but what with the pitchfork wielding vigilante neighbours shouting out of the window at anyone on foot and calling the Police on them its absolutely not worth it.

The anomaly is if you are walking a dog then you are allowed out to do that.

But of course we don't have a dog.

With three weeks completely locked in already and now another three to go I'm sat here staring at a bunch of motors, servos, control boards and my 3D printer and my other half's faux fur hat and getting ideas.

3 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

The anomaly is if you are walking a dog then you are allowed out to do that.

But of course we don't have a dog.

faux fur hat and getting ideas.

Drug dealers are becoming dog dealers now?    Can you paint a couple of eyes on the hat and put it in a bag and call it Fido?  (does the law say the DOG has to do the walking or is it just to "walk the dog")?     Bloke here got stopped by the police and asked what reason he had to be out of home and he told them he had to visit his drug dealer!

• 2 weeks later...

I just captured ALL of my 1993 Hitachi VM-H38A (SD Hi8) AND Sony 2003 PD-150 (SD DV)material to a hard drive. The footage was from 2 epic journeys I did in Asia. Quite incredible how far things have come in camera tech... but so good to finally see these old moments from my travels and sonic youth! 

I've now put the Sony PD-150 (which I haven't shot with since 2007) up for sale. However, I just watched this clip and I have to say that - maybe I'm feeling a little nostalgic here but - I'm now a little reluctant to part with it though I know I'll probably never fire it up again. But I'm curios, can anyone suggest a reason why I wouldn't want to sell it?

I might be willing to trade the camera if I can go back to 1999 ;)

51 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

ohhhh... I just suddenly clicked from watching your video that you're Mike Krumlauf!

Had many times read your stuff over on other sites, but had never realized that you're @User here on EOSHD 

Oh shit. Apologies folks. I didn't mean to say that I'm Mike Krumlauf, only that I found this clip after capturing a bunch of material from my PD150. Mike certainly makes great use of his material.

Ah I see, I wonder if Mike Krumlauf ever posts on EOSHD? Can't seem to find him on EOSHD's user list. 

Personally I think he swings too far in the direction of falling in love with old vintage equipment, but it is really great hearing his perspective! As it interesting seeing it from that side of things. Maybe if I ever do something as foolish as buying a Sony F23/F900R myself then I could realize I was wrong and become a convert to his side!

After all I already lean a little in his direction, am a fan of Sony PMW-F3, I keep on seriously considering an "old" FS700 as my next camera, and I reckon the original BMPCC / Micro still has its place. And I'm often recommending the likes of the "ancient" Panasonic GH1/GH2 as a great starter camera for highschool filmmakers. 

Can't say I know his work but vintage gear (as we know) certainly has its place in influencing look and feel... and if that contributes to story, then it's a job well done.

And if I see a tall man with a very long beard walking around the world with a F23/ F900R on a reinforced self stick... I'll be sure to stop what I'm doing and take you to the nearest brothel ;) 

I'll need to hit the gym a LOT more before I can stick an F23/F900R on a self stick! (although I've got a super beefy Sirui Monopod that could handle it! Got it for my Sony PMW-F3)

Those cameras on a selfie stick would make booming my usual Rycote Blimp and shotgun on a 5m drama pole feel like a piece of cake!

Although, I've never used a selfie stick in my life! Perhaps my wiiiide 8mm lens and my long arms makes it look like I am using one in my vlogs??