So What Will You Do ?

BTM_Pix

1 minute ago, odie said:

+1

FILM challenge one room ..good idea!

If we're stuck on lockdown, how the hell are we meant to shoot FILM and then get it developed and scanned?!?!?!  

Unless somehow you're in lockdown but live in a vintage film museum or something!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, kye said:

If we're stuck on lockdown, how the hell are we meant to shoot FILM and then get it developed and scanned?!?!?!  

Unless somehow you're in lockdown but live in a vintage film museum or something!

Let's ignore the lame jokes, and get on with the Film challenge.

It can be shot on ANYTHING (Alexa, DSLR, Mirrorless Smartphone, GoPro, Spycam etc). 

Sound should be decent. 

No restrictions on the story. 

Acting can be as bad as can be expected from a paranoid filmmaker locked with 4 walls.

No limit on how many short films you can submit.

Maybe, we become Famous, for creating an opportunity of hope, when the world is going through ome of it's worst crisis in recent years.

11 minutes ago, sanveer said:

It can be shot on ANYTHING (Alexa, DSLR, Mirrorless Smartphone, GoPro, Spycam etc). 

Sound should be decent. 

Acting can be as bad as can be expected from a paranoid filmmaker locked with 4 walls.

Maybe, we become Famous, for creating an opportunity of hope, when the world is going through ome of it's worst crisis in recent years.

I'LL be needing a lab coat, a uv light and a reversing ring. I then plan on doing do some of my own hd macro and get some  back while i torture all those nasty microbes to death 😁 all to the theme of gangstas paradise

I'm good on TP, cleaning stuff, and so on. The carnage in the stores is insane, I was shopping yesterday and one store had TP on the shelf, I thought for a second about getting some but decided to leave it for people that needed it more since I have 10 or so rolls that should last me a couple months. Then the next few that passed by hoarded all of it into their carts. People are doing the same with laundry detergent, sanitizer and so on. Sometimes people just disappoint you with their actions. Gonna spend the extra time doing a few things:

• learning more editing techniques with photoshop including blending images, curves, masking and so on to better edit portraits and landscape shots
  • I've been wanting to capture a holy grail time-lapse so I'm gonna tinker with a few attempts at that
  • its Milky Way season and I've only shot it once before with a crappy result, there are a few remote places for decent MW images, gonna hit them before it gets to hot
  • I switched to Resolve last year, but I'm going back to FCPx as its just faster for my workflow, gonna spend some time getting reacquainted
  • just bought a NISI filter holder, the 10 and 6-stop Big Stoppers and some graduated ND's, gonna try to up my landscape game

Basically lots of skill building for a better reel/portfolio.

Stay sanitized all.

Chris

3 hours ago, sanveer said:

Sound should be decent. 

Soooo, who can we count on to be the host of the next short video film challenge?

No excuses this time, people!

6 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

A lot of information is generally skewed towards Newtek switchers (as they invented the protocol)

NewTek, huh?  Full circle for me then. Does it come with Kiki wipes? Can I use it in my Amiga 2500?

In all seriousness, I should research this. Had a municipal client request streaming service a few months ago. 

• Super Members
12 minutes ago, fuzzynormal said:

NewTek, huh?  Full circle for me then. Does it come with Kiki wipes? Can I use it in my Amiga 2500?

In all seriousness, I should research this. Had a municipal client request streaming service a few months ago. 

I've seen her demo the Tricaster at various shows in the recent past so I think she still works for them.

And combining both aspects, here she is talking about another application of NDI

• Super Members
6 minutes ago, fuzzynormal said:

Because of projects I’ve done, I know what the silhouette of her legs look like. (Don’t judge me harshly, 30 years ago was a different time, y’all.)

Probably worth pointing out to younger readers that "Kiki Wipes" are not, as the name might otherwise suggest, an alternative product with which to circumvent the current toilet paper shortage.

6 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

Looking forward to seeing the results of the time lapse and milky way project @Trek of Joy

My milky way project will mainly be eating the chocolate variety whilst not achieving anything on my list.

The best laid plans...

If things go to hell I'll probably just work on perfecting Ben and Jerry's ice cream recipes or something.

Godspeed

Chris

On 3/15/2020 at 3:02 PM, fuzzynormal said:

What happened yesterday at the White House was just another paper cut, just a longer stroke.  "It's national emergency time all of a sudden!  Pretend everything I've said over the past 4 weeks about COVID is irrelevant.

Heh. We kinda sort of had this just happen in New Zealand. 

For ages NZ did next to nothing, had a pretty minimal approach.  Our Prime Minister said we didn't need to. 

And then BOOM, almost overnight we've basically kinda closed our borders off (NOBODY can come, not unless they want to get themselves live two weeks in isolation once they arrive) and any gathering over 500 people is banned.

On 3/15/2020 at 5:42 PM, kaylee said:

is this including the ufo topic or no

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/research/a30916275/government-secret-ufo-program-investigation/

seriously tho: this time is a gift to artists who have a project that they wanna work on, but just cant seem to find the time for~! if ppl weren't dying itd be a miracle smh

*IM* writing the spec script + story bible I've been meaning to get to..... for how long now??

these things don't write themselves 😂 great time to hunker down and be creative 😎 no reason for any of us to be bored...! let's do it guys!!! 

image.thumb.png.00e3a7590d24499418cbd3759d4e2ec5.png

On 3/15/2020 at 10:19 PM, BTM_Pix said:

It will double up as a worldwide wide angle lens test as well !

Either that, or a world wide macro lens test, as everybody uses the only actors they can find while under house arrest quarantine:

image.thumb.png.c04216f2bcaaf65a74e523b7ed2f9e5f.png

22 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

Either that, or a world wide macro lens test, as everybody uses the only actors they can find while under house arrest quarantine:

image.thumb.png.c04216f2bcaaf65a74e523b7ed2f9e5f.png

Stop motion!  Yes, that makes sense.  It turns any 12MP camera into a 4K BEAST!!  

18 hours ago, fuzzynormal said:

Because of projects I’ve done, I know what the silhouette of her legs look like. (Don’t judge me harshly, 30 years ago was a different time, y’all.)

As a "younger reader" I need an explanation! Otherwise my fertile imagination is providing explanations as to what you mean...

Although Google saved my innocence, I think this is what you're referring to:

Penn looks so young in this, what a baby face:

Teller meanwhile hasn't aged a day (his voice sounds exactly the same too!):

14 minutes ago, kye said:

Stop motion!  Yes, that makes sense.  It turns any 12MP camera into a 4K BEAST!!  

Get started early on the 8K rat race and use a 36 megapixel camera!!

Nikon D800 (or Sony a7Rmk1) are now very very cheap on eBay.

• Super Members

Day 4 of lockdown confinement.

Some projects have been looked at but now I've discovered marble racing videos then I may have no need of any distraction.

Sound on so you can hear the commentary and I defy you not to get invested in Comet's performance here