COVID19 Kibosh

fuzzynormal

Just now, basilyeo said:

WHO probably is in the know on the methods and necessary information and I don't believe for a moment that my country wouldn't share. The problem is getting other leaders to put their foot down and take the necessary course of action to deal with the pandemic instead of pandering for political optics. 

Singapore has done it right.  Every country should use the same model and procedures Singapore developed.  Do you think Singapore will restrict in and out going flighs to the U.S. ?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, Super8 said:

You need to chill out.  I'm not "these people".

I said from the get go to keep politics out of this thread because of "how you just reacted".   You're doing nothing but looking to blame someone and blame Trump and Republicans.  That's the jig that everyone is sick and tired of.  This is why trump won and will win again. It's you and how you handle life and treat people.  I could care less what Trump supporters think or what people that don't support Trump think.

When I meet people in real life I could care less who they voted for. Trump haters are just filled full of hate and bitterness.  This is a world wide crisis and your picking sides.

you are not a cult member???jjjajjajjJJAJAJJEJEJJEJEJJEIJIJOJOEEUUUJJUJJJJ.... another lie!!,  all of you are like the liar in chief!, deflect and lie. Dotard is the one who brings hate and fear whenever he goes or talk and keeps pointing finger at people.... he never does anything wrong, is other peoples fault..

What about

'I DON'T TAKE RESPONSIBILITY AT TALL'

I never thought that a 'great leader' will say anything like that, but dotard is the lowest of the low, the bar for the president has never been this low, poor little mango, life is not fair!!...what a fu.... little chicken he is!

9 minutes ago, fuzzynormal said:

I invite you to please explain last week's quotes of "Democratic Hoax" or “Impeachment Scam” to me.  Hold on, let me get go get some popcorn.  Do you acknowledge even a hint of hypocrisy in your statement?  At all?  Just a little tiny weeny bit?  If you respond with either a yes or no to that question I'd be flabbergasted.

But, seriously, maybe we should just stop bouncing around the issue, stop this deflecting nonsense, and get right to the heart of the matter. 

My impression is simply that you just don't like Donald Trump being criticized.  This upsets you, you resent it, and so you try and defend him.  I think he's indefensible.  There's probably no middle ground there because both of us are pretty convinced of our opinions, am I right?  If that's the case, perhaps we should both just shut the hell up.  What do you say?

You nailed it!!! Bone Spur Jesus cannot be criticized, he has been sent by God to protect us!! ajjJJAJJAJAJJAJAJJAJAJAJ, while he fills his pocket with tax payer money.... too much golf I think

Just now, Super8 said:

Singapore has done it right.  Every country should use the same model and procedures Singapore developed.  Do you think Singapore will restrict in and out going flighs to the U.S. ?

Thank you. SARS was a terrible memory for us, and we're determined not to repeat it again.

Not sure about the restriction, but I believe it's only a matter of time depending on how the situation develops in the US. We've gradually imposed a mandatory 14-day Stay Home Notice (SHN) or outright bans on incoming visitors (except returning residents) from several regions (US was not one of them) over the last week but as of tomorrow night the SHN will be enforced on all incoming passengers regardless of point of origin, with the bans still in force.

We just had our biggest daily surge in cases (47 in a single day) though they seem to be mostly residents returning from Europe. The crisis is far from over here and our authorities are warning that we may see bigger numbers in the coming days. Our neighbour, Malaysia, has already instituted a countrywide lockdown till Mar 31.

10 minutes ago, Super8 said:

Drive thru stations for testing are open now in the states.

Great!  Available to you though? 

Half a dozen locations ain't bad news as it's finally a start, but it's a trifle.  And why should testing only be finally rolled out now?  Do you think it might have been better if the testing was happening 2 or 3 weeks ago?  You know, like the out-of-work employees from the dismantled the National Security Council’s global health security office were saying since January?

These are facts that illustrate the current administration in a unflattering light.  A light so unflattering that Trump supporters, like you, prefer to ignore by employing the embarrassing deflecting rhetoric of "now's not the time to be political." 

Anyway...

I am shaking my head at myself for injecting myself into this conversation for as long as I have but...

Here are some simple truths... if you believe or follow any political party, religion, or ideology that forces you to YELL or denigrate members of other political parties, religions or ideologies, you yourself are a cult member.

This needs to stop. When will people realize that we are pawns in more powerful people's game and no matter how loud we yell, or how poorly we treat one another, it doesn't change much.

2 minutes ago, fuzzynormal said:

Great!  Available to you though? 

Half a dozen locations ain't bad news as it's finally a start, but it's a trifle.  And why should testing only be finally rolled out now?  Do you think it might have been better if the testing was happening 2 or 3 weeks ago?  You know, like the out-of-work employees from the dismantled the National Security Council’s global health security office were saying since January?

These are facts that illustrate the current administration in a unflattering light.  A light so unflattering that Trump supporters, like you, prefer to ignore by employing the embarrassing deflecting rhetoric of "now's not the time to be political." 

I wanted to keep politics off this thread because it's a global issue and out of respect for Andrew and the forum policy. 

You and others jumping to the conclusion that I was embarrassed and afraid to talk politics is childish and more of you being a tard than anything else. 

You need to do some home-work with regards to the first test rolled out by the CDC and what the administration did by going to the private sector to secure and have rapid test created. 

Bring on whatever you want to talk about because I haven't deflected anything.  I support whoever our president  is and what's best for my country.  I've voted on both sides of the line and will continue to do so.

I didn't even vote for the current president.  I am also not afraid to voice my opinion and encourage others to do the same.  I could care less what you label me.  trump haters are more of an issue than Trump supporters and have done more to divide the country with blind hate.

37 minutes ago, mercer said:

Anyway...

I am shaking my head at myself for injecting myself into this conversation for as long as I have but...

Here are some simple truths... if you believe or follow any political party, religion, or ideology that forces you to YELL or denigrate members of other political parties, religions or ideologies, you yourself are a cult member.

This needs to stop. When will people realize that we are pawns in more powerful people's game and no matter how loud we yell, or how poorly we treat it doesn't change much.

Tell that to dotard he has been yelling and denigrating political rivals, the disable, women (grab them by the pussy), he is getting what he deserves!!do no t come now that we should forgive him and give him a chance, our patience with this clown is done!

The economy will go into recession just because this idiot didn't do anything on time, just because he doesn't listen to doctors or anything related to science.

Seems that republicans are good in destroying the economy

Bush got us the recession with his stupid war with irak

Now Dotard is bringing another recession because he didn't do anything to stop the spread of the virus until it is too late!

and all of you cult followers still making excuses for this damn clown!

yes I am mad, how everything will go down the drain because the wrong guy is in the white house, he has no plan, he has no brain, he only think how to make money for himself, I will not be surprise if he is trying to make money from this crisis, he is that despicable,

2 minutes ago, tigerbengal said:

Tell that to dotard he has been yelling and denigrating political rivals, the disable, women (grab them by the pussy), he is getting what he deserves!!do no t come now that we should forgive him and give him a chance, our patience with this clown is done!

And you are a scary motherfu^%$#.  

Let's take a vote on who's glad @tigerbengal doesn't live in your town? 

1 minute ago, mercer said:

When will people realize that we are pawns in more powerful people's game and no matter how loud we yell, or how poorly we treat it doesn't change much.

I'm afraid it requires somber reflection on facts and evidence.  Then action on that evidence may be beyond what we're capable of as a society. 

The pawn metaphor seems apt.

All I hope is that there's a political pendulum swing in the USA that returns us to a deeper pragmatism as was held by the generation that survived the Spanish, Flu, Great Depression and WWII.  

My currently favorite (apocryphal) quote about the USA is Benjamin Franklin's.  When asked, “Doctor, what have we got? A republic or a monarchy?” Franklin responded, “A republic, if you can keep it.”

14 minutes ago, mercer said:

if you believe or follow any political party, religion, or ideology that forces you to YELL or denigrate members of other political parties, religions or ideologies, you yourself are a cult member.

Were you looking in a mirror when you wrote this?

Supporting Trump is being a cult member.

If he were not president, would you allow Donald Trump to represent you in your personal or professional life? Would you trust him with your money, reputation or business? Would you do business with him? Would he pay you for any service or project you did for him?   Would you trust him to have your back in a fight?  

Or would you rather go out grabbing women by the pussy with him? Maybe you would like to dodge the draft with him? Or possibly denigrate war heroes with him? Or claim to be a Christian like he does? Is 2 Corinthians your favorite Bible verse? How many children by three wives do you have? How many people have you stiffed paying? 

There needs to be a Nuremburg style trial for him and all his cronies when this is all finished. Too bad the people that voted won’t be put on trial.

Just now, fuzzynormal said:

On the contrary, all evidence shows that you're not afraid to talk politics.  I will however suggest that you do deflect from certain questions.

Evidence shows  respond to all questions to a fault.

Yes I can get tested.  Make sure you keep keeping score.

If you want to know why I'm a little hot about this, it's simply because I have family that's currently sick (not with COVID-19 we think) but with the contagion peak set to hit within the next week or so it has me extremely paranoid about hospitalization. 

I'll readily admit I'm using this forum as an emotional release valve --and while I try to be respectable to all I do get frustrated. 

1 minute ago, fuzzynormal said:

If you want to know why I'm a little hot about this, it's simply because I have family that's currently sick (not with COVID-19 we think) but with the contagion peak set to hit within the next week or so it has me extremely paranoid about hospitalization. 

I'll readily admit I'm using this forum as an emotional release valve --and while I try to be respectable to all I do get frustrated. 

I hear ya.  Prayers for you family.   I mentioned before that my son is overseas and I'm worried he won't make it back home.