COVID19 Kibosh

fuzzynormal

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
8 hours ago, Geoff_L said:

Yeah right ! 
Louis Pasteur, Edward Jenner, Hiro & Tasaka, Von Behring, Shibasaburo Kitasato, Albert Calmette, Camille Guerin, Charles Nicolle, Vieusseux, Guy Henry Faget, Jules Bordet,  Octave Gengou, Michiaki Takahashi... those good ol' Yankees from Merica !

Don't worry, not all of us 'mericans are drinking the oddly orange colored Kool Aid currently being served up by the Cheeto in Chief, along with his usual sides of confusion, baseless self-aggrandizement, ruthless politicizing and swindling the gullible. But those who are drinking it... well you've read the results of that right here.

56 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

I just today had a fellow Sound Mixer here in Auckland get his upcoming 3 month long gig cancelled because BBC is cancelling all travel.

wow! 3 months of no income! That really stink!

Feel happy for my friend who started new job at IT company this month while saying goodbye to his old video job.. lucky him!

5 hours ago, IronFilm said:

Welllllll......  diarrhea is one of the symptoms of the coronavirus!

In a very small number of cases. Mostly it is more like a severe cold or pneumonia, so a fever, cough and difficulty breathing.

So perhaps this is just me trying to put a positive spin on a whirlwind of negativity. But consider that if things do slow to a halt for a bit, maybe it’ll be a chance for literally everyone to stop the rat race for a short period, and rest, and breathe, and focus on what is really important.

5 minutes ago, Jonesy Jones said:

So perhaps this is just me trying to put a positive spin on a whirlwind of negativity. But consider that if things do slow to a halt for a bit, maybe it’ll be a chance for literally everyone to stop the rat race for a short period, and rest, and breathe, and focus on what is really important.

The rat race will continue, since those are already pushing down the prices will continue their top ramen diet, whereas experienced shooters will maybe have to rethink their careers if their mortages etc. squeeze them too hard. On top of that, a recession is very much possible and video budgets will suffer and freelancers in all sorts of industries will feel the pain.

I work a fulltime job in IT and we just moved our work home. Productivity will be smaller, sure, but overall the effect on our company will be close to negligible.

Also do not wish to jump on a negative bandwagon, but I fear...as in am quite sure, many industries will undergo long term, perhaps permanent change in response to this.

Personal spending will change short and medium term at the very least.

'Our industry' was already being hit by over-saturation and decreasing rates. This will just compound that.

The only positive I can see is that the fittest are most likely to survive, so we may see a weeding out of the dead weight.

Time will tell.

At the very least, I am expecting some big and long term changes to my industry, the wedding one.

10 minutes ago, Geoff CB said:

Gonna spend most of the "break" finishing some editing projects and probably making a reel for myself.  

Same here, time to get caught up and shoot as much content within a few hours drive for a reel. I'm going to put my new drone to work as I don't have enough stuff for a drone sizzle reel.

Chris

• Super Members
33 minutes ago, Trek of Joy said:

I'm going to put my new drone to work as I don't have enough stuff for a drone sizzle reel.

The last time I flew mine, I got so close to a power line that I very nearly ended up with a literal drone sizzle.

• Super Members

The President of our region here in Spain has just announced that we can't travel in our local municipality to try and contain the spread of the virus because "there is no other option, from this moment there is no freedom of movement"

Ironic really as I came here to get away from my own national government taking away my freedom of movement with their lunatic Brexit cult :)

5 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

The President of our region here in Spain has just announced that we can't travel in our local municipality to try and contain the spread of the virus because "there is no other option, from this moment there is no freedom of movement"

Ironic really as I came here to get away from my own national government taking away my freedom of movement with their lunatic Brexit cult :)

They have declared the state of alert which enables them to restrict movement, but they haven't yet.

• Super Members
3 minutes ago, Nikkor said:

They have declared the state of alert which enables them to restrict movement, but they haven't yet.

In Murcia, where I am, the President of the region has announced the restriction with immediate effect in coastal municipalities, one of which I live in. 

https://www.eldiario.es/sociedad/Ultima-hora-coronavirus-mundo-Espana_13_1000679924_40595.html

• Super Members

There are a lot of second homes in this area owned by people from Madrid so they've targeted those areas to stop the influx from those fleeing it there as most of the positive tests in Murcia have come from people being in Madrid.

Roadblocks et al.

https://murciatoday.com/murcian_government_decrees_enforced_quarantine_of_a_guilas_san_pedro_san_javier_los_alca_zares_cartagena_la_unia_n_and_mazarra_n_1353560-a.html

1 hour ago, JurijTurnsek said:

Drone shots of empty cities are a real possibility now. Stock up on that footage 😄

I live in an area with 825 miles of beaches and dozens of natural springs (Florida), most of my stuff is going to be beach footage and sunrises/sunsets. That means less traffic to all the best spots I want to shoot, so for me its good. Just need to stock up on TP.

Chris

31 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

In Murcia, where I am, the President of the region has announced the restriction with immediate effect in coastal municipalities, one of which I live in. 

https://www.eldiario.es/sociedad/Ultima-hora-coronavirus-mundo-Espana_13_1000679924_40595.html

Now you have 2 good things: Murcia is one of the regions with the fewest reported cases in all of Spain. In addition to leaving the UK you have won a much more handsome Prime Minister !!

4 hours ago, Jonesy Jones said:

Buying cameras online? 🙂

Luckily, I do a pretty good job of chillin' anyway.  

Love working a job and doing it well, but I tend to keep things reasonable and my stress in check.