Inspecting the Fuji GFX 100, and having a cup of tea

Andrew Reid

• Super Members
38 minutes ago, kye said:

I think the slower aperture might eliminate it for some people, but IIRC it's pretty good wide open so realistically that's better than a 2.8 that doesn't sharpen up until it's stopped down a couple of stops.

Show us some footage already!!  :) 

I seem to recall that you were one of those people ;)

The thing with this is that of course this is my lens and I've obviously had it on a bunch of cameras so I'm familiar with how it looks so it was a bit wow how much new wow there was.

I'm not talking about wow when bringing it in to Lightroom and pixel peeping etc either but wow as in immediately just seeing it on the rear LCD.

It was very hot though so we could have just been hallucinating.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
6 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

I seem to recall that you were one of those people ;)

The thing with this is that of course this is my lens and I've obviously had it on a bunch of cameras so I'm familiar with how it looks so it was a bit wow how much new wow there was.

I'm not talking about wow when bringing it in to Lightroom and pixel peeping etc either but wow as in immediately just seeing it on the rear LCD.

It was very hot though so we could have just been hallucinating.

Well, after reviewing the evidence, apparently I was!  LOL.

I second @kaylees suggestion of a vlog...  I think the recipe for a good vlog is 1) being interesting and 2) having hijinks.  I haven't met either of you, but I'm willing to say you've likely got both!

• Super Members
6 hours ago, kaylee said:

omg I WISH u had. next time pls do that and include thai food with commentary 

If you took out all of the libellous remarks, the conversation would pretty much have just ended up with "does this come with rice?" and "can we have the bill please".

27 minutes ago, kye said:

Well, after reviewing the evidence, apparently I was!  LOL.

If its any consolation, there is a thread on here somewhere where someone asks if anyone owns the 35-70mm and I replied saying that I regretted not buying it as I'd gone for the wider range of the 28-85mm instead.

However, I made that statement a good six months after I'd actually, erm, bought the 35-70mm and clearly completely forgetting I'd done so !

Not that I have an addiction or anything.

27 minutes ago, kye said:

I second @kaylees suggestion of a vlog...  I think the recipe for a good vlog is 1) being interesting and 2) having hijinks.  I haven't met either of you, but I'm willing to say you've likely got both!

I'm not so sure about that.

If dour cynicism ever becomes a key driver of the YouTube algorithm then we might have a chance.

1 hour ago, BTM_Pix said:

However, I made that statement a good six months after I'd actually, erm, bought the 35-70mm and clearly completely forgetting I'd done so !

Not that I have an addiction or anything.

HA! I've been there too. Bought something then completely forgotten you'd bought it. Happens far more often than I'd care to admit. 

Gets even worse when you buy it a SECOND TIME, because you want it, and thought you didn't have it.....

• Super Members
6 hours ago, kaylee said:

Cynical British Guys Complaining About Cameras is a great vlog waiting to happen. its should take like 3 episodes before the goal of the first episode is reached, u kno? im entertained already @BTM_Pix @Andrew Reid

We'll make sure we give you a heads up when the first epsiode of 'Apertureholics Anonymous' is available then.

I'm hoping we can re-enact the camera shop incident from this most recent trip as it really did set the benchmark for what can happen when you have lens choice overload.

• Administrators

It puts buying the same lens twice because you forgot you already own it in the shade. That's for sure.

Good job the shop owner in Barcelona was an honest fellow, he could have played it to his advantage!

All the F1 stuff is done, and I've got race car fuel all over me... I am a bit combustable and face has gone red. That's what happens I guess when you have 150 laps each from 22 cars circling you for 3 days.

The GFX 100 is worth its weight in repeat lens purchases.

At least I can now stop buying cameras!

It's the end-game*

* For  6 months!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...