Mad Mike case

Emanuel

38 minutes ago, Super8 said:

You don't know the details about the event and are politically motivated.

What do you know about what I know or don't know? C'mon... No rocket science here, literally... LOL ; ) it's just to read the news.

Politically motivated? It's completely nonsense what you're just writing. No, there's no political motivation at all from my part.

I only find all this story an absolute misfortune. Painful to see. That's all.

35 minutes ago, Super8 said:

Why did you create this thread and what does it have to do with the EOSHD ?

First off if you haven't noticed yet, I am one of the oldest members here. This is one of my fav places I choose to discuss daily life with other fellows in this Andrew's home. People trade messages on private, there are connections beyond the curtains and so on, you know? This is merely our public window.

On the other hand, the guy wanted to photograph the earth to prove his idea. This has everything about the main scope of this forum, no more no less.

As fair conclusion though, pictures are not only made of gear and talking around for geeks. The way news, marketing, media exposure, innovation are made and are mirror of our time, even the society itself or what it is political motivation realm, once you mention it, make them... Our contemporary counterpart.

It is impossible to dissociate the pictures or how we living them from there. Count on it ; -)

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

He apparently more than likely used the Flat Earth as an excuse to get more money and be more public. He was more of a daredevil than a flat earther. He tried raising money for the rocket and couldn't get any before he realized to use "flat earth" as a ploy. And it worked. 

8 hours ago, Emanuel said:

What do you know about what I know or don't know? C'mon... No rocket science here, literally... LOL ; ) it's just to read the news.

Politically motivated? It's completely nonsense what you're just writing. No, there's no political motivation at all from my part.

I only find all this story an absolute misfortune. Painful to see. That's all.

First off if you haven't noticed yet, I am one of the oldest members here. This is one of my fav places I choose to discuss daily life with other fellows in this Andrew's home. People trade messages on private, there are connections beyond the curtains and so on, you know? This is merely our public window.

On the other hand, the guy wanted to photograph the earth to prove his idea. This has everything about the main scope of this forum, no more no less.

As fair conclusion though, pictures are not only made of gear and talking around for geeks. The way news, marketing, media exposure, innovation are made and are mirror of our time, even the society itself or what it is political motivation realm, once you mention it, make them... Our contemporary counterpart.

It is impossible to dissociate the pictures or how we living them from there. Count on it ; -)

Your first OP mentioned nothing about Mike taking pictures to prove his flat earth theory.  

7 hours ago, Grimor said:

I remember this from the TV news!! Where in Spain did the Gallo land? This farmer looks so rude!! 

Galicia, La Coruña.

Saludos de Carnaval para ti : )

31 minutes ago, Super8 said:

Your first OP mentioned nothing about Mike taking pictures to prove his flat earth theory.  

'Living out his dream' is almost as criminal and silly as his attempts. This doesn't mean the story of this is contained in a single link posted anywhere. Want know more about anything, google is your friend : )

BTW there's no flat-earth theory. Such theory doesn't exist today in this century. Didn't you read that part of my posting as well? ; -)

9 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

Galicia, La Coruña.

Saludos de Carnaval para ti : -)

'Living out his dream' is almost as criminal and silly as his attempts. This doesn't mean the story of this is contained in a single link post anywhere. Want know more about, google is your friend : -)

Page 2 -"On the other hand, the guy wanted to photograph the earth to prove his idea. This has everything about the main scope of this forum, no more no less."

Clearly your OP was not about photography.

12 minutes ago, Super8 said:

Page 2 -"On the other hand, the guy wanted to photograph the earth to prove his idea. This has everything about the main scope of this forum, no more no less."

Clearly your OP was not about photography.

WTH I've already answered you above-posted: I even quoted myself my 1st post where it is very clear what I think about many silly people we can find everywhere!

There's no a single reason for something. The world is not B&W if that's what you insist to see. If you want to believe I have a political motivation against U.S. I won't call you stupid only to not insult you. But if you think you can read my thoughts, what else can I write to you? : -)

1 minute ago, Emanuel said:

WTH I've already answered you above-posted: I even quoted myself my 1st post where it is very clear what I think about many silly people we can find everywhere!

There's no a single reason for something. The world is not B&W if that's what you insist to see. If you want to believe I have a political motivation against U.S. I won't call you stupid only to not insult you. But if you think you can read my thoughts, what else can I write to you? : -)

I clearly had moved on to the EOS and your OP.  You can deflect on page 2 and say you started this thread because the story has a connection to photography but that's not why you posted it. 

It's a waste of time and has no connection to photography.  What camera was Mike using?

1 minute ago, Super8 said:

I clearly had moved on to the EOS and your OP.  You can deflect on page 2 and say you started this thread because the story has a connection to photography but that's not why you posted it. 

It's a waste of time and has no connection to photography.  What camera was Mike using?

I didn't say that! If you'll read carefully my post or stop to do such little game you're showing off, you'd fairly realize I have no fault you think pictures is all about the gear you're using. It's written there in my posting. Go and read again.

Waste of time is to read your ad hominem posts here. It is what it is.

You're repeating yourself ad nauseam and only giving a self-pity-portrait of your own, I'm sorry to see. I've added my reply to such question not coincidentally in the first post of this page without mention my other answers to follow.

PS: If I extended one single paragraph or a couple of it somehow edited then in the next hour forum software settings conceded to us by Andrew and you didn't read for any reason, I invite you to scroll up this same page and read, very simple task : -)

Let alone this:

All this could be trivial if a life wouldn't be lost... In a very useless purpose indeed.

Actually the main reason why I am here. I can't be indifferent, I am not, I won't, I will never be. If this is to be politically motivated, so be it.

@Grimor Not La Coruña (a bit strange... it would be too far away from Barcelos anyway), but nearby A Cañiza, somewhere between Pontevedra and (closer to) Ourense, the same Galicia obviously : -)

@iamoui I understand your position, I don't like the State either to rule my world without mention all the usual stuff about individual freedom and the customary yadda yadda... Just a way to represent all of us.

Is it in the U.S.? OK, I am American citizen for the subject matter then : )

Some other point turns out to be present as well:

What society is this one where indifference on such, like human life, coexists at the same time as we all just attend this whole damned circus on TV??

Are you happy with the show? (On TV, Internet, etc)

I am not.