Is this the Fuji X-H2 sensor with 12bit 8K?

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Administrators

Panasonic S1H already doing 6K so not a huge leap to 16:9 tv standard "8K" which is actually 7.6K resolution horizontal.

5.5K 60p is about the same datarate too and that is here in 1D X III

Smartphones may soon have 8K in very small, thin fanless encasings, with tiny thin copper heatsinks

So yes it is very doable in 2020, but will it be any use or any good, or just a marketing label? We'll soon find out

2 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

Panasonic S1H already doing 6K so not a huge leap to 16:9 tv standard "8K" which is actually 7.6K resolution horizontal.

5.5K 60p is about the same datarate too and that is here in 1D X III

Smartphones may soon have 8K in very small, thin fanless encasings, with tiny thin copper heatsinks

So yes it is very doable in 2020, but will it be any use or any good, or just a marketing label? We'll soon find out

True though smart phones use much smaller sensors, which is how I'd imagine they pull it off unless the tech is just more advanced (better funding for products I'd assume). 

The S1H does 6k but its also a huge body with vents and fans. Can Fuji do it without making a huge body? 

I mean I really don't mind bigger bodies so I don't care. 

What we do know, Sony will never have a Alpha camera with this sensor before Nikon and Fuji. And no way they can manage sufficient heat dissipation in the tiny a6000 bodies. They've said repeatedly the APS-c philosophy is about being more compact - hence sticking with the a6000 form factor. I've given up hope they'll release a APS-c body using the a7/9 chassis. Its never going to happen, the clickbait SAR chatter about a mythical a7000 is rubbish, they're keeping it exclusively for FF.

As to this sensor, my guess is 8k is coming to the FS7mk3 with something like this.

Chris

Wouldn't this stacked sensor have DRAM due to the 120fps readout?

9083f7cbgy1fz8giwceqtj21580m8q3w.jpg.777

25 minutes ago, androidlad said:

BSI Stacked vs. BSI Stacked with DRAM:

Sonys-New-3-Layer-Stacked-CMOS-Sensor-Al

DRAM is an additional stack which improves read speed even further. Other than mobile phone sensors, it's reserved for A9 type camera.