cameras from 2013 5d mark 3 raw and pocket are now obsolete for 4k??

odie

And last year was the year of 3d.

Almost all good modern TVs what people buy now are 3d-models. The lack of material to watch is a problem though. It is the same problem with 4k. But amateurs like me can enjoy 4k quality by buying new 4k video camera. 4k experience is much more impressive than fullHD 3d.

Watching photos in 4k is very good buying factor to me too. All we have enough of that material.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Id say. 1080p .. will never get obsolete. Even DVD's will never totally loose their atractiveness. After all they are allreawdy in a digital format with a nice surround sound.

4K creates harsh requirements for makeup. Content and technique  is way more important than the tech part for us NOOBS.

Content and technique  is way more important than the tech part

Content and technique are more important on high-end professional shoots as well.  Creatives are the ones that control the production.  The tech side makes sure they maintain impressive standards, but content is king; at least with storytelling. 

are some of the best cameras from 2013 5d mark 3 raw and the bmpcc (pocket camera) now obsolete for 4k??

if you're planning to shoot 4K on Mark3 - good luck :)

if you're asking if it's still good camera - no, it's not good,

it's amazing

240 isn't good enough for you?

I would FAR appreciate the ability to shoot in 240, 480 fps over resolution gains.

I think it was a typo. He meant 24p?

Anyway, I'm sure you have no affinity to cinema, do you? Then this might sound cryptic to you: All those extreme HFR lovers wish to stop time. Eliminate motion blur and you will filter all life out of your video. Tests with UHD soccer recordings showed, that for 4k higher frame rates are indeed essential, because any camera movement (such as pans!) would else degrade the famous higher resolution.

I can't express how much I despise this nonsense.