Which light to buy for Video / Photo in 2020 ?

Hayk

51 minutes ago, Thpriest said:

What about the best lightweight lights in 2020? I'm think one man band, everything in your backpack, camera (or 2), lenses, sound gear, tripod and lighting.

I'm thinking of getting a couple of Manfrotto Nano Plus Stands. At present I'm using Yongnuo 300s (size/power/size) but there must be something smaller and as powerful if not more powerful with beter CRI. Any ideas?

Quasar battery powered bi-color tube lights are great. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
8 hours ago, Parker said:

Thanks , these are all good stuff but these c stands can hold 22lbs which is not enought for heavy lights as 300d ii or for others (the second option is really great), because i want to buy more versatile so is there any options even not in B&H but with capacity of holding 27/30/33lbs?

On 2/23/2020 at 8:06 PM, Parker said:

Mostly I use the light dome II on a C-stand (Matthews or Impact) but for much cheaper you can also use Impact heavy duty light stands, which are also quite a bit lighter and more portable. 

Yeah, Impact's 13 foot are really well made and a bargain. I've used them as a tripod before when I needed to film over a crowd. 

20 hours ago, IronFilm said:

C Stands are rather heavy! You'd want to buy them locally. Where are you?

Or do what I do, and buy Chinese C Stands direct from China. (not sure if that is a great idea currently though, you might be in for an extra long wait)

Links?! 

11 hours ago, Hayk said:

i'm located in Yerevan, but usually purchase through amazon/B&H/ebay/aliexpress so if you have the links please share it and yes China can work as well)

That is in Armenia, I suspect shipping would be a killer to order C Stands from B&H!!

Just put "C Stand" into the search bar of Aliexpress:

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?trafficChannel=main&d=y&SearchText=C+Stand&ltype=wholesale&SortType=total_tranpro_desc&groupsort=1&CatId=0&page=1

1 hour ago, newfoundmass said:

Links?! 

See above!

3 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

That is in Armenia, I suspect shipping would be a killer to order C Stands from B&H!!

Just put "C Stand" into the search bar of Aliexpress:

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?trafficChannel=main&d=y&SearchText=C+Stand&ltype=wholesale&SortType=total_tranpro_desc&groupsort=1&CatId=0&page=1

See above!

Sure i will, thanks.

1 hour ago, Hayk said:

Thanks , these are all good stuff but these c stands can hold 22lbs which is not enought for heavy lights as 300d ii or for others (the second option is really great), because i want to buy more versatile so is there any options even not in B&H but with capacity of holding 27/30/33lbs?

The Aputure Light Storm C300d I see used on C Stands all the time.

The Aputure Light Storm C300d has a packaging weight of 25.5lbs, thus I'm sure the weight of the light itself is under 22lbs. 

But yes, if you're using it with a C Stand you'd definitely want to use it with a sandbag or two, and not try to get away with none. 

If you're going for something heavier duty than a C Stand then you're looking at the likes of a Combo Stand, which is even more expensive (and heavier! Thus much more expensive indeed to ship to Armenia).

Edit:
https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?trafficChannel=main&d=y&CatId=0&SearchText=combo+Stand&ltype=wholesale&SortType=total_tranpro_desc&groupsort=1&page=1

Hmmm... cheaper than I thought! Can be got for only US$200ish, with free shipping to NZ for a 3m or 4m Combo Stand. (don't bother with the low boy however. I'm tempted to get a low boy though as a mic stand)

12 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

The Aputure Light Storm C300d I see used on C Stands all the time.

The Aputure Light Storm C300d has a packaging weight of 25.5lbs, thus I'm sure the weight of the light itself is under 22lbs. 

But yes, if you're using it with a C Stand you'd definitely want to use it with a sandbag or two, and not try to get away with none. 

If you're going for something heavier duty than a C Stand then you're looking at the likes of a Combo Stand, which is even more expensive (and heavier! Thus much more expensive indeed to ship to Armenia).

Edit:
https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?trafficChannel=main&d=y&CatId=0&SearchText=combo+Stand&ltype=wholesale&SortType=total_tranpro_desc&groupsort=1&page=1

Hmmm... cheaper than I thought! Can be got for only US$200ish, with free shipping to NZ for a 3m or 4m Combo Stand. (don't bother with the low boy however. I'm tempted to get a low boy though as a mic stand)

today i am gonna spend long time in search of best c stand on aliexpress )

thanks for quick reply