No love for the Canon T8i ?

DeesserLord

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Is it mirrorless? Does it have sensor stabilization? Does it do 4K60p? Anything in 10-bit? What's the 4K crop like? Will it DualPixel autofocus? Dual cardslot? Full sized HDMI? Mic-in + headphone ports?

Let me save you the speculation. It's an entry level Canon camera. It will have a bunch of regurgitated specs, underwhelming features and a whole lot of impact from the Canon Cripple Hammer. Will feel overpriced too. Especially looking at the competition.

* mmkai: '4K/UHD shooting at up to 24 frames per second' ~ https://www.notebookcheck.net/Canon-launches-the-EOS-Rebel-T8i-DSLR.454020.0.html

I've been living under a rock/been slightly off the grid for a couple of days, so didn't actually notice anything about it. But it's hilarious, first they need firmware to give people 24p... now they won't go beyond it, lol.

FHD up to....   24P!!

WHAT.
THE.
FVXK.

Please tell me that is a typo, otherwise what kind of sick joke is this?

Edit:
"Full specs on Canon's site says 24 fps for 4k, and 60 fps for 1080p."

That's somewhat less bonkers. 

But still, surely you'd just rather buy a Panasonic G9 instead for roughly the same price?

This camera is basically a DSLR version of the Canon M6 Mark II, which is a camera I've owned for the past several months. It's actually a terrific camera. Not a spec monster but does most things right. Good ergonomics, good colour, good DR and low light ability, microphone jack, sharp 1080p, sharp-enough 4k with low rolling shutter, good lens selection. I actually prefer this camera over the Fuji X-T30 that I owned previously.

So if you  have bigger lenses like the 17-55mm f2.8 then you'll have yourself a great camera to use it with if you get the t8i. 

13 hours ago, DeesserLord said:

what do they mean by "proper" 4K ? no crop ? that would be great. I think i read somewhere dual pixel AF doesn't work in 4K though.

I hope the bitrate is good.

"UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 23.976p [120 Mb/s] "

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1546030-REG/canon_3924c001_eos_rebel_t8i_dslr.html/specs

Low bit rate, but the 35mps codec on the C100 still looks better than the Sony cameras.

It's probably a great little camera but lacks spec wise. I absolutely loved the 60d back in the day. 

Probably also takes great stills, but better than a GH5 in that regard. 

No words on 4K crop or not ?

Canon may have waited too long to update their cameras but they still hold up to me

Completely silent autofocus with the STM lenses

Great AF with dual pixel, smooth transitions

Smooth iso transition in auto mode (no steps)

Great user interface

Great tilting screen

Best color science to me

Great colors in low light

Good battery life

Great handling

I owned a X-T20 and returned it when i realized it's not all just about bitrate 

On 2/17/2020 at 8:25 AM, JurijTurnsek said:

It shoots 4K at 24p exclusively, so that means it is meant for serious cinematographers only. No home videos, blockbusters only. No wonder no has the cohones to step up to it.

Wrong. The poor Canon spent all it's budget in the 24p license, no money left to license 30p. :)

23 hours ago, Inazuma said:

This camera is basically a DSLR version of the Canon M6 Mark II, which is a camera I've owned for the past several months. It's actually a terrific camera. Not a spec monster but does most things right. Good ergonomics, good colour, good DR and low light ability, microphone jack, sharp 1080p, sharp-enough 4k with low rolling shutter, good lens selection. I actually prefer this camera over the Fuji X-T30 that I owned previously.

So if you  have bigger lenses like the 17-55mm f2.8 then you'll have yourself a great camera to use it with if you get the t8i. 

The DSLR version of the M6 Mark II is the 90D, which uses the same 32MP sensor. This uses the older 24MP sensor, which likely means that the 4K is cropped as on the M50 and 250D.

https://***URL removed***/news/5472961411/canon-announces-rebel-t8i-with-revamped-af-and-4k-video

The newest and highest-performing Rebel camera within the Canon lineup features the DIGIC 8 Image Processor, eye-detection in live view, 4K video, clean 4K HDMI outputˆ

ˆ Output of images in 4K UHD resolution without shooting information. If monitor does not support 4K UHD, the resolution of the output format is lowered for display.

Optical Viewfinder with a 45-point All Cross-type AF System with Face Detect to ensure images are in focus

24 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) Sensor• Continuous Shooting at up to 7.0 fps

4K UHD, Full HD up to 24P

Equipped with an Approx. 220,000 Pixel New AE Sensor and EOS iTR AF (Face Detection)

Fast & Accurate Dual Pixel CMOS AF with Eye-detection (Servo)

Vari-angle, 3.0-inch LCD Touch Screen

Advanced Control with AF-ON Button and Quick Control Dial

Built-in Wi-Fi®2 and Bluetooth®3 Connectivity

no words on 4K crop though i suspect it is there