Canon EOS R5 8K monster official topic

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
48 minutes ago, mechanicalEYE said:

Yes with adapter. Canon has a VND adapter that I would go for if I had EF lenses.

You have to give credit to Canon for making such unique adapter , i wonder why others like Sony or Pana not releasing one? , i mean it would sell like hot pancakes all day long.

3 hours ago, MeanRevert said:

Is this the adapter?

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/products/details/lenses/ef/mount-adapters/mount-adapter-ef-eos-r

Any issues using an APS-C lens on a FF camera like this?

Nope is this https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1433719-REG/canon_mount_adapter_ef_rf_with.html

other than a huge vignetting.... and some aps-c lens hitting the vND filter in the adapter I see no issue😉

Why would you want to mount an aps-c lens on a 8k FF?

If the camera will offer video in cropped mode too or alternatively you crop the 8k in post then you could use a aps-c still not sure why...

11 hours ago, gt3rs said:

Nope is this https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1433719-REG/canon_mount_adapter_ef_rf_with.html

other than a huge vignetting.... and some aps-c lens hitting the vND filter in the adapter I see no issue😉

Why would you want to mount an aps-c lens on a 8k FF?

If the camera will offer video in cropped mode too or alternatively you crop the 8k in post then you could use a aps-c still not sure why...

Oh yeah, there's that. :)  I guess I'll have to swear away some funds for an R lens then.

1 hour ago, mechanicalEYE said:

You dont have EF lenses? You mentioned them in your original post.

I had to double check and my lenses were EF-S not EF. So, I gotta buy either way.  

Since we're talking lenses, would an EF/R lens with IS help along with the IBIS or doesn't matter since the camera has IBIS now?

18 minutes ago, Django said:

remote control for canon smartphone app. but I think the point is camera could release soon as its passed global certification.

oh ok, that is good news. (I own a couple of camera's with the bluetooth smartphone app, never used it once)

Just now, zerocool22 said:

oh ok, that is good news. (I own a couple of camera's with the bluetooth smartphone app, never used it once)

The cool thing about using bluetooth is that is not affecting the battery that much. So it works like this: you open the app it connects via bluetooth to the camera and tell the camera to turn on wifi and then you are prompted by the app to join the wifi. So I always have Bluetooth on but wifi off in the camera... it just takes a bit more time to connect but is a good solution imo

Just now, gt3rs said:

The cool thing about using bluetooth is that is not affecting the battery that much. So it works like this: you open the app it connects via bluetooth to the camera and tell the camera to turn on wifi and then you are prompted by the app to join the wifi. So I always have Bluetooth on but wifi off in the camera... it just takes a bit more time to connect but is a good solution imo

I guess it could be handy for changing iso or hitting record while the camera is mounted on a carhood or something.

I often shoot multi-cam setups with a C100/C200 so remote control comes in super handy. 

Its also very practical to transfer RAW stills or even video to an iPhone/iPad for editing/file sharing.

Canon Connect is one of the rare camera apps that actually works.

You can also change focus, use it to do rack focusing and so on. With the 1dx ii wifi adapter the lag and refresh rates  were quite ok maybe 15-20 fps or so. I did use it a couple of time on a cablecam to monitor while piloting the gimbal. With the 1dx iii internal wifi seems much slower and the lag is much bigger it is ok to control the camera but not good for monitoring.