Lens Filters adapter??

Cassius McGowan

Quick question guys and girls. About to make a purchase of Ebay for a lens filter but it has no threads. Seller said that the filter needs an adapter. Could anyone post me in the right direction on this because I'm about to go crazy searching for this info. LOL

Thanks in advance.  

Oh and the thread is 82mm btw. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

A lot of larger size lenses use filter holders with filters to fit.    I have a polariser with filter holder for my Canon 17mm tilt shift lens (not that i use it much) that fits on the front of the lens.     Then there are also some filters that fit into rear filter holders on a few lenses (EG Canon 17-40 L) and some longer telephotos have a filter holder that slots into the lens (means a small filter can be used on a large lens...EG my old 300mm 2.8 Tamron adaptall)..

9 minutes ago, heart0less said:

Umm, is it a circular filter or a square one? 

We need some more info to help you. 

It's a promist filter 82mm circular. 

6 minutes ago, FranciscoB said:

is it cokin or lee filters type? See if that fits your situation. There are other similar systems.

It's a Black promist filter 82mm circular.

It may be a Series 9 filter, which is a format of 82mm non-threaded filter. Ask the seller if it's Series 9, or Lee, or what format it is. Most filters can be found in a number of formats, e.g. you can find a Black ProMist in 77mm standard threaded, or Series 9, or square formats. You should definitely find out for sure what standard the filter is before buying so you know what kind of adapter you'll need and how expensive that will be.

1 minute ago, KnightsFan said:

It may be a Series 9 filter, which is a format of 82mm non-threaded filter. Ask the seller if it's Series 9, or Lee, or what format it is. Most filters can be found in a number of formats, e.g. you can find a Black ProMist in 77mm standard threaded, or Series 9, or square formats. You should definitely find out for sure what standard the filter is before buying so you know what kind of adapter you'll need and how expensive that will be.

That's what it is. IT's a series 9

2 minutes ago, KnightsFan said:

So what do i need to purchase for a series 9 filter?