Carl Zeiss ?

enny

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

T* means multicoated, Sonnar is an asymmetrical (telephoto?) design that also means fast (f2.0 or faster), Planar references a symmetrical six-element design, Distagon means wide angle retro focus design, Biogon means wide angle angle but more symmetrical? I don't really understand lens design. They're mostly branding terms.

Check this thread on RedUser:

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?92044-Contax-Zeiss-Survival-Guide

The Contax still lenses will all cover full fame. The cinema lenses won't, not all of them at least.

The ones I have are the Contax (Yashica -> C/Y) Zeiss Distagon 25, 28 & 35mm f/2.8, 28mm f/2 'Hollywood', Tessar 45mm f/2.8, Planar 50mm f/1.4, Sonnar 85 & 135mm f/2.8. I adapt them to MFT with a focal reducer, so the f/2.8 ones behave more like f/2s anyways. They are a good bunch to have and adapt to just about anything you can think of. There's some premium cinehoused ones at https://www.lockcircle.com/primecircle/ .

Anyways, lots of info out there. Also on YouTube, blogs and forums. Like recently also mentioned at EOSHD already this one video on YT:

But wait, there's more, order now and... there's of course tons of other videos on the subject, like this one from our good friend Alan Besedin/VLEV: https://www.vintagelensesforvideo.com/contax-zeiss/

Recent vid from a fellow Dutchie:

Here's a taste of 6K:

On 2/4/2020 at 10:24 AM, IronFilm said:

Resolution has nothing to do with the image circle of a lens. 

You could theoretically have 1" sensor which is 6K, or it could be a medium format sensor doing 6K

8K smartphones!  Mark my words!!

@Emanuel has already posted this leaked specs sheet:

image.png.ede58f1a94504152bfc02765eac21b91.png.b31d6ae6b8d40ea79116a3c71d6b2daa.png

8K in a smartphone is not that far away.. 

BTW, back in the good old days anything that had ~7" screen was a tablet, but now it's a freaking Ultra phone? How am I supposed to handle it? Which pockets does it fit into? 

Gimme back my 4" iPhone 5S..

I miss small phones. 

36 minutes ago, heart0less said:

BTW, back in the good old days anything that had ~7" screen was a tablet, but now it's a freaking Ultra phone? How am I supposed to handle it? Which pockets does it fit into? 

I remember when the first ever Samsung Galaxy Note was released and it seemed HUGE! 

Now that screen size (5.3") is "normal", or even smaller than normal!

Then again, my smartphone back then was 3.5"