Phil Blooms Digital Bolex review

markm

Share what? My poorly exposed trailer for a dodgy Vampire short that doesn't seem to actually exist? I don't have one of those.

You can see most of the stuff I've done by clicking the Vimeo link in my signature. It's not great, but I'm learning every day. A good deal of what I learn is from this site, but I'm not learning anything useful from this thread at all.

However I genuinely apologise as I have obviously upset you more than I intended to. I do think this thread has got out of hand though. No one is getting anything positive from it. I wonder if you are big enough to look back over your own posts on this site and ask yourself if you have offered anything constructive to this community? All I see is anger, hatred and the very thing you seem to accuse everybody else of - criticising others rather than focusing on bettering yourself.

I am going to go away and do something constructive now and I hope not to reply to this thread again. I've said my piece and wasted enough time on this already. We're obviously not ever going to be best friends. I'd appreciate it if you don't try to draw me in any further.

PS. I didn't change my comment above as a clever trick, I edited it before I saw you'd replied - sorry about that.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

You genuinely apologise then go on to further insult me Why bother they are just words and you like words don't you Clearly you have zero experience at making a film Kind of gobsmacking you feel you can insult those who have even when it is some cheap vampire trailer that doesn't exist.

Sorry to disappoint you but the two films do exist and been shown in some of the top festivals in the world. Sorry they don't meet to your standards but then even the likes of Douglas Trumbull have difficulty there.

I will also soon be making a feature I'll invite you so you can piss on that too.

Nice start to your career Im sure you will end up somewhere useful like the British film council giving grants to worthy causes like Harry Potter.

all of Mark's threads get out of hand as he just likes to argue -with anyone about anything !

this forum is about digital cinematography its becoming a teenage tit for tat forum rapidly which is very sad to see happen.

So you join in to stick the boot in That's you though Andy a great opportunist Sadly not reflectedon your work Your another that has no work but plenty to say on everyone elses.
Just love the way you guys attack others then blame it on the victim of those attacks. Sadly backing each other and elite forum members in the hope something approaching star status will get awarded. Trust me it wont and arse licking is seldom appreciated as well as trying to be clever beyond your reach.

all of Mark's threads get out of hand as he just likes to argue -with anyone about anything !

this forum is about digital cinematography its becoming a teenage tit for tat forum rapidly which is very sad to see happen.

Andy may I also remind you that I am defending myself on my own thread taken down by you and your mates. Im happy to discuss the thread topic Only that has been impossible So thanks again for that.

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

I admire Philip Bloom. And I find his reviews very useful plus entertaining. You don't. It's fine! :)
All his reviews clearly state that they are based on just his personal opinions and that we should never take someone's word as gospel.
Maybe you prefer reviews where specifications (pros and cons) are clearly enumerated rather than ones that include personal thoughts about the product, that's fine, I sometimes prefer those too in fact.
Just be remembered not to ever make the decision of buying an expensive camera based on someone's review, Nd btw, these are Philip's own words actually.

You genuinely apologise then go on to further insult me Why bother they are just words and you like words don't you Clearly you have zero experience at making a film Kind of gobsmacking you feel you can insult those who have even when it is some cheap vampire trailer that doesn't exist.

Sorry to disappoint you but the two films do exist and been shown in some of the top festivals in the world. Sorry they don't meet to your standards but then even the likes of Douglas Trumbull have difficulty there.

I will also soon be making a feature I'll invite you so you can piss on that too.

Nice start to your career Im sure you will end up somewhere useful like the British film council giving grants to worthy causes like Harry Potter.

Great so I was wrong, your dodgy Vampire film does exist. I'm pleased for you.

By the way I'm not very keen on the Holocaust, but then I've never actually perpetrated one myself so perhaps I shouldn't be so judgemental. What do you think? And all those film critics - they've all made films before haven't they? So they have the right to comment on the films of others. Gobsmacking.

For the record: I have never criticised Douglas Trumbull. I think he's great. I made a comment on another thread which taken out of context may have appeared so, particularly if you are inclined toward conflict and negativity.  

Great so I was wrong, your dodgy Vampire film does exist. I'm pleased for you.

As well as insulting me you want to insult the entire cast and crew? Seriously.. Attack me all you want But leave others out of it. 

By the way I'm not very keen on the Holocaust,

If you want to post then at least make sense What holocaust are you talking about?

but then I've never actually perpetrated one myself so perhaps I shouldn't be so judgemental.

Are you joking?

What do you think?

I think you sound dangerous or stupid?
Gobsmacking.

And all those film critics - they've all made films before haven't they? So they have the right to comment on the films of others.

Anyone can criticise a film and not every film is everyones cup of tea. That's why we have genres to make it easier to find your preference. But then you should know that with a PHd

For the record: I have never criticised Douglas Trumbull.

Yes you did and then you went away and changed your text and cant even admit when you're wrong.

I think he's great.

So you criticise his work and then cover it up?

I made a comment on another thread which taken out of context may have appeared so, particularly if you are inclined toward conflict and negativity.

I never took it out of context You just removed some of the credit due to him by denying what he proposed as revolutionary when clearly it was.  You may like Douglas Trumball but only in as far as he is a platform to springboard what you perceive as your own superior intellect.

As well as insulting me you want to insult the entire cast and crew? Seriously.. Attack me all you want But leave others out of it. 

NOPE, JUST YOU. THINK MICHAEL BAY DIRECTING DENIRO AND PACINO.

If you want to post then at least make sense What holocaust are you talking about? THE HOLOCAUST. THE ONLY ONE THERE IS.

Are you joking? I'M MAKING THE POINT THAT YOU DON'T HAVE TO HAVE TO BE AN EXPERT AT DOING SOMETHING TO HAVE AN OPINION ABOUT IT.

I think you sound dangerous or stupid? I AM BOTH OF THOSE THINGS
Gobsmacking. AGREED

Anyone can criticise a film and not every film is everyones cup of tea. THAT IS MY POINT. JUST BECAUSE I HAVEN'T MADE A FEATURE IT DOESN'T MEAN I CAN'T HAVE AN OPINION ABOUT THE WORK OF OTHERS.

That's why we have genres to make it easier to find your preference. I DON'T HAVE A PREFERRED GENRE. I JUST LIKE GOOD FILMS

But then you should know that with a PHd. YOU KEEP TALKING ABOUT MY DOCTORATE.

Yes you did and then you went away and changed your text and cant even admit when you're wrong. THIS IS JUST TROLLING. I REPLIED TO YOU WITH THIS POST A WHILE AGO (AND YOU RESPONDED): "What I meant to say was 'not quite as revolutionary as I had remembered' - i.e. in the context of my previous post. It was badly put." WHICH WAS ME TRYING TO RESON WITH YOU.

So you criticise his work and then cover it up? I CHANGED THE TEXT SO THAT MY ORIGINAL MEANING WAS CLEARER. IF YOU DON'T ACCEPT THAT THERE'S NOT MUCH I CAN DO

I never took it out of context You just removed some of the credit due to him by denying what he proposed as revolutionary when clearly it was. AS I SAID, MY COMMENT WAS NOT AIMED AT TRUMBULL, IT WAS AIMED AT MY OWN MISREMEMBERED NOTION OF THE TOPIC. You may like Douglas Trumball but only in as far as he is a platform to springboard what you perceive as your own superior intellect. WEIRD COMMENT. IS THIS ABOUT THE PHD AGAIN? TO ME TRUMBULL WAS JUST THE GUY WHO MADE COOL LITTLE MINIATURES FOR BLADE RUNNER UNTIL I CAME TO THIS FORUM. I HAD NO IDEA HE WAS THE INDUSTRY GIANT THAT HE IS. I'M NOT REALLY ENGAGED WITH OR KNOWLEDGEABLE ABOUT THE FEATURE FILM INDUSTRY. I'M AN ARTIST. MY INTEREST IS IN MAKING EXPERIMENTAL FILMS AND DOCUMENTARIES.

You're playing the victim one moment and the aggressor the next. It's boring. But I'm beginning to enjoy this so I'll take that as a sign that I should stop. Besides, you're getting very trolly now ...

I think PB's initial thoughts do a decent job of outlining the pros and cons between the d16 and bmpcc for those who might not be familiar with the d16 feature set and as such the differences. They are being compared because they are both raw 16mm (or close) cameras, with inevitably similar choices for glass. No point comparing to bm4k since it doesn't exist yet.

Who cares if bloom favors the D16. He's used both cameras.