WTF!? This was sitting in my basment? (Iscorama)

bwhitz

Couldn't believe it at first! Was back at home for the holidays looking through a box of old photo equipment in the basement when I stumbled upon a Iscorama! My grandfather gave me this box of lenses about 6-7 years ago... when I was just getting into filmmaking and didn't realize what anything was. Good thing I decided to rummage through it again over break!

post-14085-0-11316300-1389167851_thumb.j

I'm new to anamorphics, but this is the pre 36 Isco right? The picture is kind of crappy, but the glass is perfect on the lens. Any tips for re-greazing these things? The focus is a bit slow... from old lubericants I'm guessing?

post-14085-0-11316300-1389167851_thumb.j

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Haha congrats! it's worth about $4.5k in good condition! I hope you hold onto it, I can't turn my camera on without mine up front now :)

If it needs servicing, don't trust it to any old chump, Bernie at super16inc.com knows what he is doing.  He's located in Endicott, NY and his phone number is 607-205-1001.

Enjoy!

I'd be checking the other boxes for Hawk's. :)

Yea, I need to let him know. He has a huge collection of lenses/cameras. Don't know about Hawks though... he was more into photography. But he loves unique things, like anamorphics, there's a good possibility of more. Just got back to LA... wish I was still back home or I'd go look through his basement!

Anyways, the only downside to this Iscorama is that the 50mm f2.8 Taking lens seems to not open up wider than the f5.6 mark... possibly damaged. Also, what I'm assuming was Pentax threads on the mount have been filed off for a custom mount. So the original taking lens might be DOA.

I'm looking at using my Rokinon 35mm 1.5 as my main taking lens, though. Seems to work fine optically. I made a makeshift cardboard-tube mount and tested it out... looks good. Tracking down a 77-49 step-down ring now and a clamp. Anyone else used this in practice?

Haha congrats! it's worth about $4.5k in good condition! I hope you hold onto it, I can't turn my camera on without mine up front now :)

Yea, I think definitely will for now. Really could use the $4.5k though... damn. :blink:

*edit

Just did some more night time testing with the Iscorama on the 35mm Rokinon... looking real good! What cinematographers/directors have ever been able to shoot 2.66 at 1.4 with this amount of sharpness! Holy smokes! I'll upload some real footage once I get my real set-up built!

All the taking lenses seem to have this problem, I have a nikon and M42 mount taking lenses and both of them had to be sent in to super16inc to have them serviced and now they open smoothly. The m42 mount squeaked and was really stiff to get to 2.8. Im just super picky about these things so I ha it done. if you dont mind I would also say to just get a better and faster taking lens for it.