Sorry one more adapter question!

jasondhsd

On a GH3 it seems it's recommended that the Sigma 18-35mm be paired with a speedbooster but why, can't I get one of these adapters http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=nikon+to+mft+adapter&rh=n%3A172282%2Ck%3Anikon+to+mft+adapter for like $30 to begin with, it would be the equivalent of having close to a 35mm, 50mm, & 70mm at 1.7f, that doesn't seem to bad at all, what am I missing here?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Focal lengths you want to shoot at is entirely up to you. Can't answer that for you, depends on what you want to shoot. If you have no idea I'd probably get something less expensive to start with. (or at least buy used)

As for adapters... you don't want to compromise quality. Would be dumb to spend all that money on a really nice lens and then throw some shitty adapter on it. Research the adapters. I would think things that don't introduce anymore glass wouldn't be a problem. I'd worry more about adapters that introduce glass, that's where you can lose quality. (although the speedbooster has been tested and verified to cause no resolution loss -- in fact may add resolution in the middle, really great engineering you pay for)

Another issue you be changing aperture -- can you do this manually with your lens? Will your adapter provide that for you? I know the speedbooster provides that. (clickless, too)

OK so apparently the Sigma does NOT have a manual aperture on it. I know I can get a speed booster but I like the default focal lengths can anyone recommend a Nikon to mfg adapter that has a manual aperture without any additional optics inside it? I found a few but they either only open up to f/2 or don't specify. Thanks