Repairing FD lenses

noone

Anyone know anywhere that repairs FD lenses?    I have an old FD 85 1.2L that has the dissolving bearings problem. 

Preferably in Australia and any idea on cost?      I have looked into it previously but never got anywhere other than a couple of email enquiries.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 1/24/2020 at 3:31 PM, noone said:

Anyone know anywhere that repairs FD lenses?    I have an old FD 85 1.2L that has the dissolving bearings problem. 

Preferably in Australia and any idea on cost?      I have looked into it previously but never got anywhere other than a couple of email enquiries.

i did have a place in southport on the gold coast 10 or more years ago but the chances of that dude still being around are slim. been meaning to check out a place at burliegh the next time i hit the coast as i have a canon zoom thats refuses to go back together. Tafe should really run classes on this sort of thing 😉

17 hours ago, Zach Goodwin2 said:

I remember from a phone call with an FD lens repair guy from a distant country him saying that it is cheaper to buy another FD lens than to repair it.

Then again, if this was just an ordinary FD lens I would just bin it but some are still quite expensive (24 1.4L, 50 1.2 L, this 85 1.2L still go for as much or more than many half decent new lenses) and then there are some real exotics in longer lenses like the 300 2.8 L ETC and the there are real starts like the 200 1.8 L.      The type of repair of those would depend on what it is.       The problem with my 85 1.2 L is the focus throw has become quite loose most likely due to bearings "dissolving" so I do not THINK it would be all that dear as nothing to do with anything optical.