Projection anamorphic adapter 35 NAP 2-2 modified sample video

zeonmaster

Excuse me for my english, I'm from Ukraine! I suggest you test video and some photos of the modified anamorphic adapter 35 NAP 2-2. adapter cost $ 40. used camera Nikon d800 and lens Samyang 85/1.4. focusing is possible from 1.1 meters to infinity (depends on the main lens). later I will make a casing for the adapter and the mechanism of simultaneous focus control and lens adapter. be pleased to answer all your questions!

">88a167cf1691t.jpg

">ebf2c8d1aca9t.jpg

Download the original video clip and photos of each - http://www.ex.ua/view/75243102, login zeonmaster-seller, password zeonmaster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X39356HgF0k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkjG8litZ6w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkI7AsIBYZw

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I am very interested in lens rehousing/casing and simultaneous focus control. I can't wait to see!

until that work has stopped, waiting for funding. continue about 2 weeks.

b6d2435039a5t.jpg

#1 - front part anamorphic adapter, cilyndrical.
#2 - minus 2 diopter lens, spherical.
#3 - back part anamorphic adapter, cilyndrical.
#4 - camera lens.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On January 4, 2014 at 3:22 PM, zeonmaster said:

Hey there @zeonmaster.  If you are still involved in this forum I am curious, what kind of diopter did you use exactly, where would I get one, and also how did you attach it to the back of the anamorphic adapter?  Thanks so much.  

until that work has stopped, waiting for funding. continue about 2 weeks.

b6d2435039a5t.jpg

#1 - front part anamorphic adapter, cilyndrical.
#2 - minus 2 diopter lens, spherical.
#3 - back part anamorphic adapter, cilyndrical.
#4 - camera lens.

• 1 month later...

Correct me if I am wrong, but the minus 2 or minus 4 diopter in this case is supposed to unsqueeze the 2X anamorphic into something closer to 1.33x.  Also I believe in the diagram it is facing the wrong way to be a negative diopter.

I am fascinated by this design, I wish there was more about it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2013 at 2:37 AM, zeonmaster said:

e photos of the modified anamorphic adapter 35 NAP 2-2. adapter cost $ 40. used camera Nikon d800 and lens Samyang 85/1.4. focusing is possible from 1.1 meters to infinity (depends on the main lens). later I will make a casing for the adapter and the mechanism of simultaneous focus control and lens a

Shortening the distance between the front & rear anamorphic lens will not only change your squeeze ratio, but you will loose infinity for longer focal length taking lens, because you have changed the afocal arrangement in the original design. You have to be very careful in picking your taking lens. Adding diopter in the front is more universal. :-) 

5 hours ago, Jim Chang said:

Shortening the distance between the front & rear anamorphic lens will not only change your squeeze ratio, but you will loose infinity for longer focal length taking lens, because you have changed the afocal arrangement in the original design. You have to be very careful in picking your taking lens. Adding diopter in the front is more universal. :-) 

Thank you! In the case of these larger lenses projector lenses, their minimum focus distance is around 15m-20m and their maximum focal distance extends past infinity for the focal plane of the camera.  Thats why shortening the distance is required for this lens.  I recently came by a lot of well preserved yet massive anamorphics for basically nothing in auction, in their current state they are very impractical for filming but since I have so many I can hack away, experiment and adapt.

On 10/24/2016 at 0:45 PM, SassySpaceMan said:

Thank you! In the case of these larger lenses projector lenses, their minimum focus distance is around 15m-20m and their maximum focal distance extends past infinity for the focal plane of the camera.  Thats why shortening the distance is required for this lens.  I recently came by a lot of well preserved yet massive anamorphics for basically nothing in auction, in their current state they are very impractical for filming but since I have so many I can hack away, experiment and adapt.

If you want to sell some of these lenses? I would be interested in buying from you. :-), how many do you have? 

info@rapidotechnology.com, let me know, thanks. 

Jim

Rapido