Protection for our lenses

ch_d

How do you protect your lens (front glass)? Do you have an UV filter on it? If so: Which one?

I have an Pre36 Iscorama and i want to protect the front glass... maybe with this: 
HOYA HD UV FILTER 72mm
or just glass like the: HOYA PROTECT PRO

Thanks, 
chris

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I always keep a UV filter on mine, a Hoya if I remember correctly. The only exceptions is when I use ND / polarizer or such. If I get dirt or something on the front or would accidentally bump it into something, it better be the UV filter that gets dirty/scratched than the Iscorama :)

And since Tony is in this thread as well... How should one store an Iscorama?

I usually keep mine standing with the front pointing upwards, but I'm not sure if this is better or not.

The reason I ask is because I dug up some older lens from 70s-80s that had been in storage for a long while and had leaked oil from inside. I think that lens had been stored with front down or possibly lying down - since the oil had leaked to the front of the lens.

protection one skylight or uv all be good.

the 2 best in germany was b&w and heliopan b&w got taken over by schneider and are not now as good now.

heliopan one of the few still using proper schott optical glass.

you are not gonna get oil into an iscorama as the 2 parts are sealed the biggest issue is impact seperation from knocks and stress on the bent glass.

if anyone ever rents these lens out even to friends make sure it is insured

as quick hit says that dessicant sachet moisture absorber stuff is great.

as i mentioned before for lens cleaning calotherm cloth and caloclear spray is the best product around used by many optical houses and rebranded with a different logo.

• 2 weeks later...

one of the best is the 

Tiffen 77mm Digital Ultra Clear Filter

my humble opinion,  But a huge But here, if you get a very nice lens and then always have it covered behind clear/uv/nd filters and it never actually sees the light of day, it beats the purpose of having a great lens anyway. I mean anytype of glass you put infront of a lens has some minor effect on it. 

:unsure:

• 3 weeks later...

as quick hit says that dessicant sachet moisture absorber stuff is great.

as i mentioned before for lens cleaning calotherm cloth and caloclear spray is the best product around used by many optical houses and rebranded with a different logo.

tony, can you give me some hints where to get this products in europe?