Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera Review - Final Part

Andrew Reid

"ProRes drops frames on all but the most expensive Sandisk Extreme 95MB/s SD cards".

Sandisk Extreme 45Mb/s works fine for me in ProRes. It's also officially supported by BlackMagic and cost half less than the 95mb/s one : I paid 124 euros for a 128Gb card which provides 77min of recording. 95mb/s (or Sandisk Extreme Pro 80Mb/s) are only needed for shooting raw.

Beside of that, what about stabilized lens like Nikon VR or Canon IS with the Speedbooster or another passive adapter, any chance that'll work ? 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Just got my EOS - M43 adapter today in the post and tried my Zeis Jena 35mm F2.4 on the BMPCC and I gotta say, astonishing!! Never thought it would look this good, very sharp, deep colours, very surprised! This combination looks so awesome, buries my Lumix 14mm 2.5 which actually looks great imo but the Zeis is in another category and the camera responds to the better glass! And I'm shooting Prores cause I don't have a faster sdcard yet. This is a game changer, no doubt whatsoever!! 

you should also get a Yashica ML 24MM f2.8 and Yashica ML 28MM F2.8 both are widely regarded as Carl Zeiss Distagon equivelants

made in the same factory in Japan , also the Zeiss vario sonnar 28-70mm in C/Y mount is a stunning lens , aspheric elements and sharper than my canon l series lenses - all the zeiss contrast and colours we all like too

Zeiss glass is the way to go!!

also Carl Zeiss 80mm f2.8 Biometar is stunning too

Here is the link. Very rough, quick shoot to see what I had type thing. It's a bit out of focus, moving around hand held and I could hardly see the screen. Shot at 2.5f which I thought looked washed out but everyone seems to shoot washed out so I thought I'd be ok. Color corrected for cooler areas but as soon as I point to daylight it's washed out a bit. I should have edited out the rubbish but I actually like analysing out of focus bokeh stuff.